All reviewstennis courtswater sportskids clubst barthsprivate poolbeach barclarins spavan wagenbergtop notchsea grassoutstanding servicebreakfast and lunchour honeymoonevery morningfavorite hotelyour feeteden rock
Reviewed August 29, 2017

My wife and I have visited St. Barts a half-dozen times, but each time we stayed in a private villa, primarily for the privacy but also to control costs. This time was our 40th wedding anniversary trip, and I decided to surprise my wife with a four-day stay at Hotel Le Guanahani, followed by a week in a villa -- sort of the best of both worlds. We were surprised by how much we enjoyed the hotel portion of our trip. Three reasons: (1) the staff -- without exception they were friendly without being familiar, cheerful without being artificial, and eager to help without being obsequious. It's clear that the management spends significant time in selecting, training and recognizing these fine young people. (2) the facility -- the rooms and most/all of the facility have recently been renovated, and it shows. The bedrooms were comfortable, stylish, quietly air-conditioned and offered very good privacy. The resort is quite large in area, and it is beautifully landscaped, with boardwalks meandering among tropical flowers, plants and trees. (And it has two tennis courts, both in good condition.) (3) The food -- wonderful! We had a sumptuous breakfast overlooking the pool and beach every morning, we had a delicious barbecue one evening at Indigo, the beach restaurant, and for our anniversary dinner we had freshly caught local bream at Bartolomeo, which was excellent. We really enjoyed not having to cook or drive to a restaurant for every meal -- everything was right there at the hotel. The only real downside was the seaweed covering most of the lagoon in front of the hotel and drifting in from the sea. This was a problem all over the island while we were there. The staff labored valiantly to remove it, with some success, but the beach couldn't compare with others on the island such as St. Jean, Flamands, Gouverneur and Salines. The second beach at the hotel was actually nicer, in our opinion, than the main hotel beach -- while much of the second beach was rocky, there was a sandy entrance to the water and good swimming and snorkeling outside the line of rocks bordering the beach. And there were almost no other people on it. All in all a delightful stay. I suspect that we will return for another four-day stay as part of our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nelms
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Le Guanahani is definitely the best place to stay in Saint Barth, either on your own or with family and friends. Great staff, always helpful and available. Best spot for lunch in summer, with your feet in the sand, always windy with a nice breeze when it's so hot everywhere else on the island!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
saintbarth97133, General Manager at Le Guanahani, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear Patricia s
I am delighted to read that you appreciated the friendly and professional staff, and the Indigo on the beach with a breathtaking view on the lagoon.
I look forward to welcome you back very soon.
Best regards.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

From the moment you arrive, the staff is extremely friendly and taking care of all your needs. The hotel's property is a tropical beach oasis, breath taking. The rooms are elegant and very comfortable. Easy access to the beach and pool area. The food at all their restaurants and room service are A+. It was my first visit but not my last!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear A5384DFpatrickk,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Le Guanahani.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the personalized service of our team, the lush gardens, the colorful bungalows and the food.
I look forward to welcome you back very soon
Best regards

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Spent several days at Le Guanahani, could not really fault anything.

The rooms, the staff and food were all excellent.

Hotel is an easy transfer away from the airport and its easy to get about using taxis or car hire.

The beach is beautiful although it does have quite a bit of sea grass, which was no issue for me.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank CB-London2012
saintbarth97133, General Manager at Le Guanahani, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Dear CB-London2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience at Le Guanahani.
I am pleased to read that you appreciated the rooms, the staff, the food and the two beaches on the natural reserve.
I look forward to welcome you back,
Best regards.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

I should start off by saying that I travel extensively for both work and pleasure and have had the chance to stay in some very nice hotels across the globe. Le Guanahani does not disappoint and in fact delights you from the very first contact about the reservations until you are dropped at the hotel.

Service - humble, impeccable and relaxed.

Room quality - every details meets the discerning guest and then delights with daily service from housekeeping.

Housekeeping kept me in order and never left a dirty cup, towel etc laying about.

Room service? I never ate in the room but called several times to order bottles of wine, ice buckets and milk for coffee. They are prompt and very polite.

The beach is gorgeous - the only drawback seemed to be organizing beach chairs but I am sure there is a logical system (and we were a large group) it was just never quite explained. The watersports pavilion was well stocked and in excellent condition.

The breakfast and lunch were varied in options and served in a wonderful setting.

I think what impressed me the most was the level of service and attention to detail. I stayed in the pool villa and while you don't want to spend all day in your room it provided a private early morning or late night dip and was perfectly secluded.

If you are reading this then you are considering a stay. My suggestion is go ahead an book it so you can stop looking around and spend that time researching what restaurants you want to visit in town.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
saintbarth97133, General Manager at Le Guanahani, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Dear Leavingonajetplane15
Merci beaucoup.
Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience at Le Guanahani.
I am thrilled to read that you appreciated the quality of the service, the friendliness of the staff and the amenities.
Please be assured that I had personally relayed your nice review to the team. The best award we could get is the recognition of our guests.
I look forward to welcome you back.
Best regards