Tom Beach Hotel
  • Free Internet
Les Mouettes(St. Jean)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Hotel Taiwana(Anse des Flamands)
View Hotel
All reviewsla plageboutique hotelst barthsbathroom lightfun atmosphereeden rockbeautiful weatherthe entire stafflaid back atmospherefeet in the sandour honeymoonperfect hotelclear waterlobsterfun to watchgarden roomgreat drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just arrived today.Had some difficulty finding the hotel, but once we made it all has been fine. very nice beach and dinner at La Plage was good- not great. service was slow with only 2 waiters/waitresses. Nice live music. nice ambience and good location. I would recommend this hotel. very clean and quiet.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our room overlooking the beach (and what a beach!).. walk down & have a swim at 07:30, the sea is always warm..... then an energising waalk along what is probably one of the finest beaches in the world. Ducking under the low flying aircraft as they take off or land literally on the beach itself.

We love it our room! had the same one both times & already booked for our third visit in December.... Not sure we'd be so crazy about the other romos without the view over the bay...

Thanks to all

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This lovely sand-in-your-shoes beach-side restaurant is very well run : excellent food and very friendly service. Lovely ambiance too. Enjoy the sight of the private planes taking-off and landing at the nearby airport (spectacular). Did not stay at the hotel - I am commenting on the restaurant only.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Lovely property and staff. Unfortunately, the Tom Beach needs to hire a better exterminator.
I was afraid to leave my suitcase open for fear I would bring "something" home. The person who showed me the amendities of my room when I first checked in also pointed out the Raid bug repellant and The Off mosquito spray for my use. Yikes! Lounging in bed under my mosquito netting a bug crossed over me and I needless to say had trouble sleeping afterwards.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Josie M
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just returned from 5 days at the Tom Beach Hotel in which every expectation was exceeded. I stayed with my son, who is in grad school and flew in from Paris. It was the perfect hotel for both of us. Lets start with the location - directly on the beach with gorgeous views, next to a water sports rental (where my son and his friends rented a Hobie Cat), near restaurants and shops in St. Jean. Each morning, I woke early and enjoyed breakfast at the beach-front restaurant where I was welcomed with a big smile and "bonjour!." It was a hearty meal with eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, croissants, abundent fresh fruit, etc., etc. Since they serve til 11 a.m., my son, who often slept in after partying until the wee hours, could enjoy a late breakfast. Beach chairs were set up for us - for the day, if wanted. The beach bar offers great service & seems to be a popular spot for young and young at heart to hang out. This hotel has a unique, european ambiance - hip yet understated. On Friday night, they had a big party with a DJ who flew in from L.A. - outstanding, reported my son, who attended with friends. While it was noisy, I knew to bring ear plugs (because the airport is so close) and slept right through.We dined with our friends at La Plage (9 of us) and everyone loved it - service, food, atmosphere - all great.

Our room, #3, was the furthest from the restaurant (but really a very short stroll). I usually like oceanfront with views but did not miss it at all - the hotel is so small that at any time you can simply stroll down to a lounge chair and enjoy the crashing surf. The room itself was large enough to accomodate a roll-away bed, which conveniently rolled right under the king bed. It had a lovely garden terrace which we enjoyed. The bath was spacious with a great shower.

The hotel arranged our car rental, which I'd recommend - I was simply handed the keys and I handed them back the day we left - how convenient! They also arranged airport transfers, starting in St. Maarten with VIP service. Our bags did not come in with our flight to St. Barths; but, after our welcome cocktail with friends on the beach, we found our bags in our room.
The maid service seemed invisible - how they knew when we left always amazed me as we'd return to a fresh room. They also provided turn-down service with fresh towels if needed.

On my last visit to St. Barths, I stayed at Les Ondines - another nice small hotel, but it is very far from Gustavia & St. Jean. The Tom Beach is the perfect location and provides 5-star service. You could not do better anywhere on the island - highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family