Hotel Le Village St Barth
Christopher St Barth(Anse de Lorient)(Great Value!)
$407
TripAdvisor
Villa Marie Saint-Barth(Colombier)(Great Value!)
$524
Hotel Villa Lodge 4 Epices(Grand Cul-de-Sac)(Great Value!)
$538
$490
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnikki beachinfinity pooljean bayoutdoor kitchenyogurteden rockgarden cottageminute walk down the hillsummer rateshonor barperfect locationhillside overlookingsmall gymbeach chairsfitness centerbeautiful islandmosquito bites
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This property is more a "villa cottage" style property rather than a hotel. The rooms are very private and and have beautiful views of St. Jean Bay. Very close proximity to the beach, shops and town. All close walking distance. The rooms are great. We stayed in #12. It was a Superior room with a WONDERFUL view and great, modern furnishings. Spend the extra and get one of these rooms! The pool was wonderful and intimate. The breakfast and and game room cozy and homey. The staff was very, very helpful and friendly. They were always there for dinner suggestions and also maps and helpful advice. I loved the fact that it was very laid back, not like some of the other properties on the island that sometimes can come off as too chic, off putting or trying too hard to appeal to the nightclub crowd.

Cannot say enough about this property. It's truly a hidden gem. Would come back for sure!

Room Tip: Room 12 is amazing! Great views!
2  Thank carriebleu
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel was fabulous. We had one of the best rooms---Superior Ocean View cottage and just loved it. Interiors were wonderfully designed with a zen quality that we loved!
Carole, at the breakfast area was outstanding as we so looked forward to her sweet hospitality
each morning. What a gem she is!
Location was one of the best, we rented a car so we didn't walk down to the beach but the location is up on a hill nestled in a fabulous tropical setting.
Bertrand, the owner was great as was the darling gal who greeted us and showed us around to our room when we first arrived.
Would not hesitate to recommend!

Room Tip: I would ask for an upstairs room in the newer refurbished cottages because the soundproofing was not very good. (We lucked out because the couple staying up stairs checked out the next morning while we were there for the week with no one above us.)
2  Thank topcattc7
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just got back from a weekend trip to St. Barth's with my girlfriend. Needless to say, I can't wait to go back! We stayed at LeVillage and from the moment we arrived, I felt like I was at a "home away from home". One of the managers, Catherine (I think), was so friendly and helpful that I felt like I was back in Georgia experiencing some southern hospitality. She gave us some hand-picked lemons from their garden (which went perfectly with my Corona). Since we were there during low season, a lot of the restaurants and stores were closed but throughout our stay she was great and told us all of the places we could go, she called ahead to make us reservations, call us cabs, and the first night we arrived she even drove us to dinner herself to save us the expense of a cab! Also, the complimentary breakfast on the terrace had a breath-taking view of the beach and some of the neighboring islands. I can't wait to go back and stay at LeVillage!

2  Thank cemiddle
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I just returned from a fabulous weekend at Hotel LeVillage! I could not have been more happy with my decision to stay there for my weekend in St Barths and will absolutely be returning! I have already referred friends and family that this is THE place to stay when travelling to St Barths! The view was incredible, the room was perfect, and I could not say enough to justify the hospitality of the staff. Catherine was amazing at helping us make this weekend a trip to remember. We arrived just before closing on Friday evening and she was so welcoming! She told us where to go for dinner (and was dead on with the recommendation) and was even so nice as to take us there herself! She helped us with arranging transportation each time we needed it and told us the best places to go in the area! The breakfast was a great start to the day and had a wonderful view of the crystal blue waters. I am already looking into my next trip to St Barths and Hotel LeVillage!

2  Thank Alyssa P
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at Le Village in September, mainly because it was just about the only hotel open for the time we were visiting St Barths.

We stayed in a traditional terrace cottage and had a special offer of 7 nights for the price of 5 nights, and were very pleased with what we were given. Our cottage had two outside decks – one with two loungers with views over the bay and the airport runway, whilst the other contained a dining table with 4 chairs, plus a separate sitting area with a double settee, a table and two chairs.

The kitchen was outside, in an enclosed area with a large serving opening, and contained two rings, an oven, a fridge, a coffee maker and an Expresso machine.

Inside, the room included a very large comfortable double bed, a small work table and very modern bathroom and shower. There was also a TV, a safe and free WiFi. There was also plenty of storage space.

Continental Breakfast was included in our rate, and was adequate for our needs. The lady serving spoke very little English but quickly understood what we liked each morning. Hot food eg omelettes, bacon, fried eggs etc were also available at a charge.

The Swimming pool area was lovely and deserted nearly every time we went for a swim. I’m not sure it would be so pleasant if the hotel was full and there were many people sunbathing around the pool. The temperature of the infinity pool was a little on the cold side, but this was actually enjoyable on the couple of very humid days during our stay. There is also a small Gym for those who like to work out.

Whilst the hotel does not have a bar, there is a fridge where drinks are available upto 7pm and can be taken on an honour bar system. Be careful though, the Cheval Blanc wine is actually a red !

There were a few mosquitos and beetles in our room or on the outside decks, but after all this is the Caribbean and nothing serious to worry about. One morning I was also surprised to see a tiny brown frog sitting on the keyboard of my laptop !

We were disturbed on our first couple of nights by the noise of some birds outside our window, chirping on until the early hours of the morning. However, once we realised that a shutter could be closed over the window, this problem went away.

Our cottage provided a lot of privacy although we did wonder if this was due to there not being many guests staying at the hotel whilst we were there. Towards the end of the week an American couple arrived to stay in the cottage directly above ours. Almost right away the guy was on his mobile phone on the above deck with a booming voice so that every word was clearly audible ( he seemed to be trying to break the record for the number of times “Awesome” was said in a single call ! ). We feared the worst, but fortunately we hardly heard from them again for the rest of our stay.

One thing that we enjoyed, but may not be agreeable for everyone, was that we were adopted by a number of cats who would come and bask on the decks or in the shade underneath or in the gardens. They were very afraid of any contact with humans but would warily come for saucers of milk and the odd scrap of food.

Overall, we had a very positive experience staying at Le Village, and the owners and the staff at reception were nice. I would not hesitate to return next September.

4  Thank fatbear2000