“Water front high end restaurant in Gustavia”
Review of Bagatelle

Bagatelle
Ranked #18 of 71 Restaurants in Gustavia
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2017

A very nicely located French restaurant right on the water front of the harbor. Service was very good as was the wine and the food. Nouvelle cuisine style and high price, but what do you expect in St Barths. I wasn't crazy about the menu and because of that I wouldn't go back in a hurry. There are other restaurants around Gustavia I prefer.

BagatelleSbh, Responsable relations clients at Bagatelle, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Thank you for your review !
Hope to see you soon.
Bagatelle team

Reviewed February 18, 2017

We had been to Bagatelle two years ago and were underwhelmed with the restaurant. On some nights, the place transforms into a club with people dancing on the tables and such. But friends suggested that we go for dinner this year and I'm so glad that we did. Our waiter was charming and funny and gave us great service. The food was fantastic, which you would expect for the prices, but you don't always find this. The salads were enormous and very unique. My friend and I had the chicken for two, which is what she orders every time she goes to Bagatelle. It was perfectly prepared, and so were the mahi and scallops that our husbands ordered. That night the magician Stephane was there and he came to the table to perform some tricks. I thought that this would be corny, but this guy is unbelievable. He performed these mind bending tricks right in front of our eyes but we had no clue how he did it. After dinner they brought out vanilla rum. All in all, this was one of the best nights we've spent in St Barths.

Thank you for your super nice review !
Hope to see you soon.
Bagatelle team

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

I liked the restaurant and the service. Everybody ate something different and they all loved it. My tuna tartare was too salty that i couldn't eat but they offered right away to change it.
The only negative about this restaurant was the exchange rate ... if you wanted to pay in dollars it was 20% over the normal exchange rate.

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

So let me start by saying the food is mainly good but the truffle pizza was out of this world. My main problem with this place is the obvious agenda of the waiters to juice up the bill. We were pushed tasting menus and family styles and the waiter asked several people several times. At another point the waiter brought the wrong bottle of wine yet insisted it was the right one, fortunately we had taken a picture of the bottle and showed him until he took it back. The bottle he was trying to bring us was significantly more expensive. I assume they wait till people are drinking and this is their move. Also the DJ was disappointing, we'll skip bagatelle next time and stick to LeTi

Reviewed February 4, 2017

A great place to eat some French cuisine with a beautiful view on the port of Gustavia. Waiters are very nice and communicative, food is delicious. In the night it becomes a club so you can enjoy both food and music while there.

recommended

BagatelleSbh, Responsable relations clients at Bagatelle, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Thank you for your nice review!