“One of the best in St. Barts”
Review of L'Isola

L'Isola
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Gustavia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Italian food done right, with very fresh ingredients and culinary precision. I went here twice during my visit to St. Barths. I had a lobster pasta the first time and the rack of lamb the 2nd. The lamb was great and the only way to make it better is to source it from New Zeland. The highlight of the meal was the panna cotta with berries, which blew me away. I made sure I ordered it again on the second meal.

Once inside this restaurant, you could be anywhere in the world which could be a good thing if you've been in St Barts many days or a bad thing if you wish to dine looking at the sea. I enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Everything about this place was special. We didnt have reservations but the staff welcomed us and we were seated within minutes. The service was perfect and the food is legit some of the best Italian we have had. During busy season, I am sure it is very hard to book so plan ahead and get a reservation on the books.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of dining at L'isola in St. Barths. In an old interesting building on the edge of town, one walks up a flight of stairs to find a dark, candlelit and romantic restaurant. Even though we were there off season, we were lucky to have a reservation as we watched others being turned away. It didn't take long to understand the crowds. The food was divine. Each dish was simply prepared but from the finest ingredients. The pasta was cooked to perfection. The artichokes fried lightly. I savored every bite. The sommelier helped us choose a delicious and moderately priced wine. If we could have gotten reservations we certainly would have gone back for a second meal during our vacation. Don't miss it but make your reservations far in advance.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

So dissatisfied - everything was rushed - no working toilets. The food was sub par at best. We spent over $ 350 Euros for 4. We will never get that rushed hour and a half back - don't go.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ambiance, food, decor and options are top notch.service and food are hard to beat. The best Italian in town.