“First night out in St. Barths”
Review of Bonito St Barth

Bonito St Barth
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonito St Barth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Gustavia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“First night out in St. Barths”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was suggested by our concierge he even made the reservation for us because otherwise we would not have gotten one. When we walk in there is a great band playing with an amazing sultry lead singer. The restaurant is pretty, open air but tight.
We get seated and the wait begins. It takes quite sometime to get our drinks. Of course we don't mind or realize between our conversations and the band playing. We order our apps and dinner. I have to say it was delicious. I ordered the tuna tacos for an appetizer. Absolutely amazing. Fresh tuna and flavors that just danced in your mouth. I could've ordered a second and been content for the evening. I had the mahi mahi for dinner. Tasty but slightly over done. Everyone else at my table also enjoyed their meals.
Unfortunately the service here leaves something to be desired. As it seems to be in most places here. It took us forty minutes to get our check. And the servers just don't seem all that interested in providing service. I would perhaps return if anything for the tacos but I'd best make sure I have plenty of time on my hands

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great views and cocktails, food was just good.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The cocktails and view from the balcony tables alone make it worthwhile to visit the restaurant. Service was good and food good but felt it wasn't good enough give 5 stars.

• Visited July 2014
“Perfect Holiday Dining.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Bonito is a very up market and yet relaxed restaurant. The interior is very stylish with a white and blue interior and the restaurant is open to the outside which allows you to look out onto Gustavia, which is very pretty. We always like an excuse to dress up and Bonito certainly allows you to do this.

My daughter is very allergic to wheat and it can be difficult getting food if a restaurant is intolerant of allergies (so to speak!). We found Bonito to be obliging and there was food on the menu which she could eat (thank goodness!). This isn't a cheap restaurant but if you want to go out for a beautiful meal in a beautiful restaurant Bonito ticks all the boxes.

• Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Worst 18 minutes ever”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

So valet parking, check, lovely welcome and cocktail - check... And that's it unfortunately. After ordering I asked for a bread roll however entree was served within 7 minutes of sitting down, I asked for oil or butter to accompany bread roll, which arrived. The entree plates needed to be cleared because less than 5 minutes later our main was sitting in the waiters hand. We waited for someone to take our order and eventually ordered 1 glass of red and white wine with our dinner, however the white never came. The entree was delicious, BBQ octopus however the rest of the meal was below standard and in fact the sea bass was inedible.

We arrived at 8.10 and had paid the bill for a horrendous experience by 8.28.

It's almost hard to believe that we were able to experience so much mediocrity in such a short time!!

And quite frankly for the money if I was you there is a burger joint in town that I've heard is great :)

5 Thank Shayne C
“Indifferent ”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place last year when we went . This year I was sad that my fav restaurant wasn't my fav anymore. I'm not very picky at all ! It takes a lot to make me frown about service but it was pretty bad here. They were very polite but good came at different times , salty , forgot coffee , forgot bill. Just seemed disorganized. But I will try again next year and hope it improves to the place I first visited.

You can't beat the view !