“VERY GOOD VALUE” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Presqu'ile

La Presqu'ile
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gustavia
La Presqu'ile
You added La Presqu'ile to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gustavia
Charleston, South Carolina
“VERY GOOD VALUE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

It's basic but my wife and I enjoyed La Presqu'ile. We stayed for three nights and had no problems whatsoever. Our room (#2) was air-conditioned, had one double and one single bed and featured a balcony with table and two chairs right on top of the harbor. Perfect for early-morning coffee. Small refrigerator and electric kettle with fresh supplies of instant coffee and tea are provided. The room was cleaned and beds made each day. The innkeeper is a third generation islander and is very warm and helpful. We were able to park our rental car each day just a few steps away from the hotel entry. It's a walk up but only 1 flight of stairs. For 63€ / night (late-April rate), it's easily the best value on the island. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank WindyWater

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Christiansted, St. Croix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Save your money for shopping, fine dining and water sports! This small hotel offers clean, comfortable rooms with A/C and a fridge for a fantastic price point! Nothing fancy, but adequate. True, no hot water, but it wasn't so bad. The view from the balcony overlooks the harbor and all the big, expensive yachts. We enjoyed a cup of coffee on the balcony each morning while watching the sunrise over the hillside. You can walk into town and to Shell Beach from here. Very convenient. Owner was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank CrucianSugarbird
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Centrally located, clean & old fashion rooms. Where a sandwich and drink easily cost 20 Euros, a triple room (with fridge) for 60 Euros was, in my opinion a very good deal. Amazing views on the harbour from the balcony. No hot water, but with the warm climate, not really needed. Not website, so you need to call to reserve. I have seen better rooms in my life, but again, for the price on such an expensive island, you can`t go wrong!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank Ian W
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

Since I was going to St Barths on a budget holiday the choice of hotel wasn't hard as it is the cheapest on the island.
The booking procedure is the worst about the hotel. I rang them to book and they wanted me to send a cheque with one night's payment, but I don't use cheques so I asked if it was OK that I gave her my credit card details instead (even if the don't have a machine), so she said fine and wanted me to fax a booking request, which I did.
When I showed up at about 9 pm the gate was closed, but we managed to get hold of a taxi driver who knew who the lady was and she came straightaway. Apparently she didn't get my fax so I didn't even have a reservation, but it was all fine and we got a room.
It was a very nice room with two beds, one single bed and one small double bed. There was also a fridge and aircon, but unfortunately no hot water.
The best thing, though, was the balcony with magnificent view of the harbour and all the yachts. We watched the sun go down and sat there almost all night. It was one of the best moments of the whole Caribbean trip.

Marie, 29 years, Sweden

• Liked — The balcony view and the location
  • Disliked — No website, no e-mail, no credit card machine...
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
5 Thank WorldofMarie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gustavia
Eden Rock - St Barths
Les Islets Fleuris
Les Islets Fleuris
#1 of 1 in Marigot
3.5 of 5 stars 16 reviews

Been to La Presqu'ile? Share your experiences!