“Thirty years ago I visited this beach via sail boat.” 5 of 5 bubbles

$100.00*
and up
St Barts Ferry Transfer from St Maarten
More attraction details
Owner description: Relax on this shady, isolated beach - after that 30 minute walk to get there from the main road, you'll need it.
Derwood, Maryland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Thirty years ago I visited this beach via sail boat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

A most enchanting and wonderful place that was discovered when we sailed into this secluded cove. There was some nude sun baithers that retreated to the background upon our approach.
We had a wonderful day in this very special and beautiful place! We were the only boat there that day.

Visited January 2012

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“St. Barths beaches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

beware if your mate is a girlie girl as the path is narrow with some squeaky passages and rocky. If this is the case take a catamaran from Gustavia. They supply food and drinks and easy trip. Shell beach has good swimming and a nice bar right on the beach. (disclaimer: I haven't been in a few years)

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Vernon C
Indiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful but NO SHADE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had to laugh when someone called this a "shady" beach! lol There is one sort of outcrop of rock where you can huddle out of the sun. Hopefully no one gets there first or you're out of luck. I did see a giant sea turtle and beautiful fish while I snorkeled. It really is is a fabulous beach. Bring shade if you need it...and you probably will !! It does make for a very special day on a very special island.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank MoMuCo
Nashville, Tennessee
“Beautiful Memories!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Ahhhh.....Beautiful memories of this beautiful secluded beach. It has been many years since I was on St. Bart's and I'm certain much has changed, but it appears this idyllic spot has not. I remember the hike being very easy and also picturesque....part of the whole experience.

Just a note: Tripadvisor requires that one select a date of visit. Since this is required....I chose the oldest date available. I understand that folks want current info. But as I said, I went here several times, but years ago.....just so happy that photos show it has changed little.

Visited December 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Worth the Hike for Secluded & Serene Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I started going to St. Barth in 1981 and went annually when I live in the Northeast. Every visit would include a day on Colombier Beach. Whether you decide to go up the trails through the woods or around through the breathtaking cliffs, the hike is always well worth it. Pack a lunch with a fine French wine. Then linger the day away savoring the beauty and serenity of this breathtaking beach.

Visited March 2012