“Harry L. Johnson Museum” 5 of 5 bubbles

Harry L. Johnson Museum
vi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Harry L. Johnson Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

a great little museum full of artifacts and photos housed in a sweet Saban cottage. Their is a local who volunteers her time working there so you really get a sense of what life was like back in the day on the stunning island old Saba. Extensive collection of photos really adds to the museum

Visited April 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A Glimpse Back in Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This small museum is well done but small. They have recreated a typical Saban home from the turn of the 19th/20th century.

There was a sign saying the museum was temporarily closed but the director of the Saba Tourism Office graciously met me with the key and allowed me plenty of time to tour the facility.

The grounds seem pretty extensive so maybe they can expand in the future to show more history of the island including more about the many famous sea captains that hailed from Saba.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Cam S
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

To better understand the island of Saba you really should stop in the Museum. I was greeted by a very friendly guide. She explained some of the islands history. The beautiful mahogany furniture, the christening gown done up in beautiful Saba lace, the old navigation instruments & the basic household items. To me they all gave me insight into a life that was hard but also had beauty. I came away with a love of Saba. If you enjoy reading I would highly recommend the book I purchased at the museum titled Saba Silhouettes. I started to read it on the plane home & am enjoying reading the life stories of what life was like on Saba. Anyone I spoke with that had spent any time on Saba felt it was really a special place. The Museum helped me see why.

Janine H. Lititz Pa

Visited February 2014
1 Thank jshigh
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“friendly and full of insight about Saba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We went on our last day on Saba and learned so much. It is amazing how the people over the years and decades have lived there. We will return on our next vacation... maybe all the new updates will be up and running by then. I look forward to it!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ekeats
exuma
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Best way to learn the history.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Worth spending 30/45 minutes visiting this typical Saba historic home ,now lovingly converted to the island's museum Photos,artifacts and memorabilia give a good indication of the hard life that comes from living on a rugged island.

Visited January 2014