“A little bit of Manhattan in the middle of paradise”
Review of Bistro del Mare - CLOSED

Bistro del Mare
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Imagine breathtaking panoramic views, picture perfect sunsets and cool breezes complimented only the by the sounds of surf, soft jazz and exceptional Northern Italian cuisine with a Caribbean flair. We utilize locally grown produce, a wide variety of fresh fish and seafood and work with a network of purveyors who provide us with only the finest foods in the world. Reasonably priced & notable selection of international wines, Join us for A Taste of Thai every Monday and be sure to inquire about other specialty nights. Bistro del Mare has the most extensive bar on Saba and without question the best view. Best known for our martinis and specialty drinks. You won't want to miss sipping a cocktail while watching the sun slip into the Caribbean. Lunch is served daily (except Sunday) from 11:30-3.
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We dined twice at the Bistro del Mare while in Saba on a dive trip. The food and service were impeccable and we had the pleasure of personal service from the owner Paul. He is quite the martini afficianado and the well stocked bar will keep any thirsty patron happy with an excellent selection of top shelf liquor. Make sure to go early and enjoy the sunset with a drink of choice. The views are out of this world. Excellent wine list with a fine selection of accessible Bordeaux and Italian red wines. Service was impeccable. Overall a remarkable visual and culinary experience. Five stars all the way.

There are newer reviews for Bistro del Mare

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I went to Bistro Del Mare twice during my stay on Saba during the week of January 14th through the 21st. The experience was outstanding! From the moment we walked in the front doors we were impressed. The decor was outstanding. The service was prompt and right on point. The food was absolutely five star all the way. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with the owner Paul. It was obvious that he has a passion for what he is doing there! I can't say enough about this dining experience. I hope to go back and stay on property at the Shearwater Resort.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

The place is absolutely gorgeous ... probably the fanciest Restaurant on Saba (which the proprietor will second). The bar has a vast selection and the restaurant great views, attentive service, and a cool atmosphere. Obviously all this comes at a premium price (as compared to your average restaurant on Saba/Windwardside).

Would definitely come back for one (1) good dinner on my next stay on Saba.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

The food and service at Bistro del Mare are exceptional. My husband and I are "foodies", so we appreciate both quality and presentation of our food, as well as a nice scratch kitchen. The prices per entree don't seem to be out of line with any of the other nice restaurants we visited on Saba. I would rank Bistro del Mare up with any high end restaurant in Dallas, Texas. We had a great time, and plan to go back before our return to Texas.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I spent a week on Saba over Christmas. We ate out every night and Bistro del Mar was by far our favorite dining experience. Our meals were so tasty, the atmosphere and views are beautiful and the service could not have been better. If we decide to return to Saba we'll probably stay at the hotel given how great the service is and the breathtaking setting.