“First dives!”
Review of Saba Divers

Saba Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Saba Divers is an award-winning dive center with its main priority on non crowded, safe and fun dives. We organize all you need on our beautiful island. Hotel rooms, restaurant reservations, transfers, hiking tour etc. Our instructors are top notch, friendly and professional and with a passion and love for diving themselves. We are focus on custom designed diving and quality over quantity. Our instructors speak English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch and of course fish language :-) ...
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had our first dives here with sea Saba dive centre out of Scouts Hotel. Rita and Simon were our coaches. I think it would have been good if they had told us how to come prepared to dive ie: bring flip flops! As we had to walk around the marina barefoot. Also, I had trouble with learning to dive in the harbour and had a fair amount of anxiety. So I was not able to pass and do the first dive with the group. We all went out to a harbour for the dive, my husband passed and was able to go with the group. The area they took us to was very, very rough and being I could not dive I layer on the boat keeping motion sickness at bay the entire time they dove. My husband had a great time doing the dive with Rita and said she was excellent. After that, they took me back to the harbour so I could be on land and not feel so sick. They all went on for a second dive. In hind sight they should have called a cab for me and sent me back to the hotel as there was absolutely nothing to do at the harbour while they all left for their second dive. Very nice people and well experienced in diving...just took some of their knowledge for granted.

1  Thank Jacqueline O
There are newer reviews for Saba Divers

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Yet another great experience with Saba Divers. The crew of Piesi, Stephanie, Rita and Simon were experienced, friendly and knowledgeable. We were lucky in that there were only five divers each day, but the boat can easily accommodate more.
As we know the dive sites pretty well we requested our favorites - Diamond Rock and Tent Wall. There are at least five mooring points around Tent Wall Reef, all are excellent. Other divers get excited about the pinnacles, which seems popular just because it is deep but it's hit or miss if you see anything.
The accommodation at Scouts is nice and is good for breakfast. Nearby restaurants are worth visiting for dinner.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

One of the things we did on Saba was diving. We had no special reason to pick Saba Divers, as we were told that the two dive centers were both good. We were staying in Windwardside and the boat was at the harbour, but the transfer is included. So no need to arrange it yourself. There was also a towel included.
The shop in the harbour was a bit dated, but the equipment is really good. The boot was really spacious, especially with only 4 divers and 2 instuctors. But even with a bigger group, there would be enough room. I also like that there was free ice tea and water, cause we did take some with us, but I always get very thirsty. :-)

When we were on our way, I only realized that I didn't have a dive computer. When I asked about it, I was told you have to check it on the form if you want one (it is not included if you rent your gear). Unfortunately I missed that on the form, but my partner had seen checked it, but hadn't one either! He just hadn't realised that till I asked about it. You have to pay extra for it ($5), but it hadn't been charged, so it had been missed when we were making the reservation.
I was told that I didn't really need one, cause I wasn't diving alone (aka with an instructor) and we wouldn't go very deep. But I have never dived without one and I didn't feel really comfortable without it. On other dives a computer was always included with the gear, so now I know that I have to make sure it is included, because it is not standard. I do think they should inquire at booking if you need one or not. Especially if you are multiple dives on a day. It is just safer and easier.

Apart from that, I really enjoyed it. The dives were not deep, the deepest was 15 meters, but mostly around 10-12 meters. This gave us plenty of time (each dive was at least an hour) to explore the area and to stop and look around. Especially Tent Reef was like diving in an aquarium, so many fish, corals and so much more. The instructors pointed out severall interesting marine live, so they were definitly more than guides!

Would I go with Saba Divers next time? I think I will, because apart from missing a computer, it was really good. The staff was nice, the price was decent, equipment was very good, the boat nice and spacious and the dive spots amazing.

1  Thank Diana F
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I just got home after a week of diving with Saba
Divers and staying at Scouts Place. The diving experience was second to none. We had lots of fun and got to see beautiful underwater scenery. The entire crew were very helpful and easy to work with. Everyone was very friendly and made the whole time we were there very enjoyable.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just returned from two weeks of diving with two separate groups of friends on Saba Island and we stayed at Scouts Place and dove with Saba Divers. The first group was 13 persons and the second group was 18 persons. The diving experience levels ranged from a lady just getting her SCUBA certification on Saba and another lady doing her first Open Water dives to most of us with 200+ dives from all over the world and even one guy with over 700 dives. I will go into details below but want to sum up our experience right up front. We LOVED Saba, We LOVED Scout’s Place, and we LOVED Saba Divers!
The diving on Saba was beautiful and pristine. I dove both weeks / 20 dives total and was never bored with any of the spots. The Pinnacles were the highlight signature dives of Saba and are a definite must (weather permitting). But even the shallower coral and wall dives were beautiful and we saw everything from a couple of close up Reef Sharks, HUGE lobsters, eels, a flying gurnard, baby puffers, sting rays, a gazillion variety of fish, and we even got a picture of an octopus and a seahorse. But the main attraction to Saba diving are the beautiful pristine corals and sponges all protected by the Marine Park. Our dive masters were Michael and Caroline on one boat with our less experienced divers (they have moved on from Saba as I write this) and Stephanie and Pizi (?) on our boat with the more experienced divers. Both boats had an awesome time and our new divers were made to feel very comfortable and were treated with extra special care when needed. Our other boat of more experienced divers also had an awesome time with some beautiful deep pinnacle dives and some of our longest bottom times ever. Both dive teams had all the gear all set up when we arrived in the morning and they swapped out all the tanks and gear in between dives. We never touched our gear, we just got to hang out and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Saba Island from the boat. They were very thorough in their pre-dive briefings and let us be involved in the day’s dive destinations. The extra special service was greatly appreciated and will spoil us for future dive shops. Most of us rented gear from Saba Divers and all the gear was in excellent shape and well maintained. THANKS to the entire dive shop for great dive experience.