“Day trip to Saba!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saba Divers

Saba Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Saba Divers is an award-winning dive center with its main priority on non crowded, safe and fun dives. We organize all you need on our beautiful island. Hotel rooms, restaurant reservations, transfers, hiking tour etc. Our instructors are top notch, friendly and professional and with a passion and love for diving themselves. We are focus on custom designed diving and quality over quantity. Our instructors speak English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch and of course fish language :-) ...
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Day trip to Saba!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm relatively new to diving. I chose to dive Saba because of the wonderful reviews. I was definitely NOT disappointed. I only had time for two dives and after, I was longing for more! Steph and Piesi were fantastic, they took their time with me to ensure I had a great experience.
We arrived from Sint Maarten by ferry, the staff was waiting at the gate after customs to show us to the dive shop. My gear was taken to the the boat and set up for me, all I had to do was walk to the dock and off we went. On my first dive Piesi took the opportunity to give me a personal tour of the reef (I witnessed my first shark), fantastic! Before the second dive I became sea sick (the sea was a bit rough), Steph did not rush me, which allowed me to recover. Steph then took me on another tour, this was as good as the first. I couldn't be happier with Saba Divers, what an outfit!! Steph and Piesi, thank you so much!

Andy Guyer
Colorado, USA

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Andy G
ScoutsPlace, Owner at Saba Divers, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for this nice review. We do our outmost to make our divers happy and our dive staff, Piesi, Steph and Christian are top notch.

Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Top!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had been looking forward to this holiday for months, and it certainly did not disappoint! Diving was amazing! I did 6 dives over 3 days with Saba Divers. Excellent staff, very knowledgeable, relaxed and fun. Free nitrox if you're qualified! I'll definitely be back. Thanks so much Piesi, Susanne, Caroline and Michael :-)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Felicitas B
ScoutsPlace, Owner at Saba Divers, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Diver, we are very happy about your review and we hope you find time to come back to Saba. What a lovely place we have here and moreover the great diving makes it worth a trip or more. We are more than pleased that you liked the diving with us. We are specialist in small groups and couples and our dive instructor's Stephanie, Piesi and Christian are great instructors who love to show you around. Dive save.
Kralendijk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“10/10 Diving Holidays!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Saba, the island itself was a destination we wanted to go to for a long time already so when the right time came in, Saba Divers was our chosen dive shop for a much needed vacation. And they delivered... I'm an active dive intructor myself so I know a thing or two about the diving bussines. The operation is well run from A to Z, and it has two locations one of them in Windwardside, (where we were actually staying) at the Scout's Place, the hotel to which Saba Divers is linked with. The register procedures were fast and painless and they ask us to just drop our gear at the front desk and they will take it to the dive shop (nice touch!). Have to admit I was a bit worried with the logistics of having to move everyday from the office to the actual harbor where the dive shop itself and the dock is located, but the whole thing was flawless from the beginning. At 9:00 there would be already the taxi waiting for the divers (transport was included as part of the dive package we purchased) and after a 10 or so minutes and very scenic ride we arrive to the harbor where the dive staff was already waiting for us, from there was only a matter of getting on board and off we go.

The dive staff is all great, with good knowledge of dive sites and sea life, really observing safety procedures, and caring at every moment that their clients are having a good time, briefings were among the best biefings I´ve ever got and were also funny, BUT MOSTLY, very informative, just the way it should be. Personally I enjoyed Mike and Caroline attitude towards diving, they sure know that a bit of "liquid sunshine" is not enough to ruin a dive day! (hope to see you soon in Bonaire guys!) The dive at Sharks Shoals with Caroline was memorable. All in all it was pleasure diving with Saba Divers.

The boats were not new but were confortable and well aconditioned for divers, you can giant stride from the transom or do a back roll from the sides to get in, the deck has enough space to move around and there is cold water avaliable all time. Not much more a diver can ask for right?

Saba has 28 dive sites of which the pinnacles stand out clearly, we did Third Encounter and also Shark Shoals, the last one being my favorite dive from all we did and it lived up to its name. Man Of War Shoals was also amazing, diving our way up while making an 8 figure from 100ft/30m to end with a safety stop at 15ft/5m just on top of them. The island have really something to every level of diver there is. Now ONE THING that everyone should be aware: Saba is a great destination, it has fantastic dive and it is not crowded, and might be that it is so because it is a fairly remote island, so make sure if you go there to have your gear in proper working condition, and a good thing would be to have with you one of those old school “Save A Dive Kit”, it can really save your diving vacation down there, so better be prepared! Still, you can always rent gear from the dive shop, which we didn't do, but I can say the prices are really convenient.

We where there for 1 week and planned for 6 dives spreaded in 3 days because we also wanted to hike, which, is another thing Saba is famous for. In the end we added 2 more dives/1day of diving... and still hike 2 days, Also if you book the diving in advance you get a discount plus if it is 6 dives or more you get the Nitrox for free.

Saba Divers has, and offers everything that in my opinion a diver would need in a diving vacation and even a bit more. And I would go diving with them for sure in a next trip to Saba. They go to the extent of cleaning the guests' dive gear (except by wetsuits which is perfectly understandable due the weak bladder many divers have). All in all, it was brilliant. Good shop, great staff and great dive sites round up for a great time. If you guys are reading this, thanks again for everything and hopefully see you all soon... in my playground or yours!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Genghis_Khan100974pp
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary on the island of Saba. We dove with Saba Divers. The dive operation was very professional as well as personable. Everything was great except the timing of our vacation which was during the same time as Hurricane Isaac. Because of our poor timing; our diving was cut short. Saba Divers gave us a voucher to return and make up our "lost dives." We did just that in March and it was wonderful. Very impressive operation.
I would highly recommend the island for a relaxing dive trip!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank tdlust
Buffalo, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Mike, Caroline and Pieci were great. Water was a little rough but we were able to have 2 great dives. I felt very save and Mike was extremely informative on the island and the geology. A great experience all around.

Visited April 2013