We had a lovely time at El Momo. I rate the room as "Excellent" because it was exactly what we were looking for (i.e. no TV, no phones, no marble, etc), but some may think this a sparse (there was internet but we did not use it). The cabin was private and the view from our shower was great.
The island geography requires a lot of going up and down hills and steps and El Momo is no exception. The walk to and from the village of Windwardside is enjoyable (we made friends with some of the local goats) and safe.
The owner, Andries, cooks and serves most of the meals. They are moderately priced and the quality of the food was above average compared to the restaurants in town. Homemade bread and yogurt for breakfast was fantastic.
Andries is a real gentleman. All in all a great place for peace and quiet.
Murray & Beth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peace - Nature - Silence. Nature lovers who enjoy priceless amenities of tropical flowers, palm trees and hammocks overlooking a deep blue sea and warm hospitality will find El Momo to be the perfect retreat. It's small, quiet, charming and a little "Robinson Crusoe like"; A little piece of paradise where time moves slowly and attention is paid to details. We have breathtaking sea views and fantastic ocean sunsets from October to March. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your El Momo Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Momo Cottages Hotel Windwardside
- El Momo Cottages Saba/Windwardside