I see most previous reviewers award this place the full 5 points for "excellent", and after some hesitation I decided to do the same. The cottages at the Cottage Club are very spacious and comfortable, with some touches of luxury (flat screen tv, iPhone docking station, and some nicely arranges decorative branches), some aspects which are rather plain and simple (all the kitchen equipment, the tiles on the floor and the doors, free wifi only in the lobby area, no proper blind out curtains), and some things that require a bit better maintenance (leaking window mosquito nets, a faulty light switch, rusty window panes).
The really good thing about this hotel is its tranquility, its views of Mount Scenery 300 meters up and the sea 300 meters below, and the central location in Windwardside, which is the main tourist hub on the island with nearly all shops and restaurants located in this small town. The hotel also has free and plentifull parking space, if you chose to rent a car (which I would recommend for at least one day during your stay so that you can experience the fun of driving Saba's Road, and see all corners of the island at your own pace without a taxi driver in your back). The managers know the island very well and provide information and opinions on everything that you ask them for.
The main thing I did not like about the hotel is its breakfast facility: the food itself is taken good care off, with a piece of bread, cheese, jam, fruits and eggs made to order, but it is served at a large communal table in the lobby. If you want to mingle with other guests than that is of course great, because they cannor escape you. But if you prefer not to be disturbed than this is not the right place for you. We tried it once, and then chose to have breakfast elsewhere, and the managers were kind enough to make a few suggestions of which the Tropics restaurant (which is affiliated to Juliana's Hotel) was an excellent choice, with goodies like American pancakes and French toast at reasonable prices (we paid $15 per person at Tropics against $10 per person at the CC).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privacy, tranquility and comfortable amenities combined with attentive and charming service are an integral part of your stay at The Cottage Club. Conveniently situated to the activities of Windwardside Village, yet seemly miles from civilization, this lovely collection of Saban cottages and the central Great House, surrounded by lush palm-filled tropical gardens, provide a low-key estate like setting. The compound gives you the privacy and convenience of staying in a private villa with the helpful service of a hotel. The uninterrupted views are breathtaking, encompassing wide expanses of the Caribbean Sea as well as the magnificent Mount Scenery. A tropical pool sits serenely at the edge of a cliff. Whether you are here to dive, hike or simply get away from the frantic pace of urban life, The Cottage Club Hotel is an oasis that awaits you... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Cottage Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage Club Hotel Windwardside
- The Cottage Club Saba/Windwardside