“Great service, excellent communications, attentive, professional.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Saba Advanced Dive Center

Sea Saba Advanced Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: At Sea Saba, we recognize that choosing the right dive operation can make the difference between a good dive trip and an extraordinary diving experience. Great boats, attentive service and professionalism are the final touches; the core is making the most of each underwater experience.
St. Augustine, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great service, excellent communications, attentive, professional.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went out of the way to insure we enjoyed our stay in Saba in spite of Tropical Storm which delayed our arrival. Congrats to both Sea Saba and Juliana's for making us feel welcomed and providing us great service during our stay.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank asiadad97

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fun time with Sea Saba - just be assertive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We went to Saba for three days of diving as part of our honeymoon and chose Sea Saba as our dive shop on the island. Every hotel, restaurant, taxi driver and person on the street will try and give you a recommendation for a dive shop but Sea Saba seemed to be the most established.

The dive experience with Sea Saba is a good reminder that you should definitely have ownership of your dive experience and ask questions. We were in Saba to dive the famous pinnacle dives sites on the western part of the island. Due to the remnants of Tropical Storm Leslie, there was some choppy weather on the island. For that reason, the Sea Saba boat told us that we would be diving the other side of the island since it was too choppy to dive the pinnacles. The two sites, “Greer Gut” and Boulders or something. They were not-so-hot dives and we were very bummed about the quality. We actually chatted with some other divers who dove Saba Divers and they went out to the pinnacles on the same day we were told we could not. In fact, they said their boat captain wondered where the hell our boat was going.

We wrote a very polite email to the Sea Saba folks about our disappointment with the first day of diving and got a response immediately. They said it was because they wanted to ensure that we were good divers (and didn’t mention the weather rationale we were given the day before).

Long story short: They were VERY responsive on the next two days, taking us to great pinnacle dives. We dove “Shark Shoals”, “Man o’ War”, “Third Encounter” and “Diamond Rock.” They were stupendous and the reason people come to Saba. Third Encounter is not to be missed as we saw several sharks and turtles – and as the name indicates, it was out of this world.

Sea Saba is definitely the biggest dive shop on the island with the biggest boats. There can be a lot of people but we had 7 including us. Saba Divers and Saba Deep are smaller boats. We had a great time with Saba Deep. Lynn the operator was very helpful and responsive, and Aaron our dive master was very cool (and a Texan like me).

You can’t go wrong with Sea Saba – just make sure you tell them that it’s pinnacles or nothing.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank MarvelleMaher
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Excellent experience with Sea Saba & Juliana's. I traveled with my two teenagers (14/16). 6 Solid days of epic diving. I typically prefer all inclusive resorts but Sea Saba did an excellent job managing the taxis and dining reservations The Dive operation is professional,punctual, and attentive. Man O' War is a must dive (repeat if possible). The dive crew did an excellent job with the teenagers. The taxi ride to the harbor is like a Disney ride. The teenagers preferred Eden's for dinner and Tropics for breakfast / lunch. I liked the Taco Shack. Excellent tacos in the middle of nowhere :) The groceries store is well stocked. The flight over on Winair is crazy fun. Saba is awesome sauce. Nice town. Nice People. I will be back.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Rn_Diver_69
New Port Richey, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“one of the most enjoyable and memorable experiences for myself and my family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I wanted to thank you and your team again for making our trip one of the most enjoyable and memorable experiences for myself and my family (Christine, Sarah, and Matthew). I wanted to say a few additional words of appreciation to you and Vickey for taking the time and interest in the safety and motivation of my daughter Sarah. She was able to muster the will to get back out and have several exiting and memorable afternoon dives. I would also like to reach out to Fred and thank him too for his time and attention in helping us getting our SeaLife camera setup.Thanks Fred! I also want extend my gratitude to your team for their patience and toleration. I had arrived with some new equipment. A Galileo Sol dive computer along with a Sherwood regulator. In typical tourist form, I'd not spent anytime getting familiar with either prior to showing up on the island. Once of your team apparently also has the same computer and was able to get me started on using it (I hadn't even paired it to the air sending unit on the first stage). The regulator was fresh out of the box and Saba was the first waters it hit and what an impression it made. It would spend most of the dive squealing (at least your guides always know where I was).
Again, thank you to you and John and your team:
Kelly
Torsten (love his pre-dive drawings)
Martin
Vickey
Aaron
Florian
Peddy
and anyone I may have missed. They made it a relaxing, comfortable and fun experience for all of us and I'm also greatful for their knowledge, patiance and toleration.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank FreddieK3215
Providence, RI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Knowledgable and attentive staff, Excellent Dive Operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I just got back from one of the best dive vacations we've ever head. Every detail was attended to - and every service was impeccably provided. The diving staff were phenomenal! We appreciated their helpful dive briefings at each site, their knowledge of the local conditions, and their dive management to assure our safety above and below the water. We will be back - and will recommend Sea Saba to diving friends! The highlight of the trip was the photo workshop that was tailor-made to my needs - I can't believe the pictures I took on this trip!

Visited June 2012