“Delicious and Fun!”
Review of Brigadoon

Brigadoon
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Windwardside
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
mercerville
“Delicious and Fun!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food was amazing but the best part was spending a little time with Trisha, the owner. She made us feel very comfortable and took care of our every need, not to mention that we laughed until we cried. Can't wait to go back again. There were 5 of us and each one loved their meal.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank lewmorski

Silverthorne, Colorado
“Brigadoon Is a Must Do While on Saba!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We just came back from spending the Christmas and New Years holidays in Saba, where we stayed at the Iris House. Our first night was Christmas Eve, and we ate at Brigadoon. Everything was perfect, from start to finish. The atmosphere and ambiance of this gem of a restaurant is warm, relaxing and welcoming. Trish, (co-owner with her husband, Michael, who is the chef behind the amazing meals) welcomes you when you arrive as if you were long lost family. As we returned to the restaurant throughout the week, it was evident that she was genuinely a warm person that loves what she does and makes new friends in her guests all the time! And she will have you laughing harder than you have in a long time! All of the staff are very friendly and attentive. Now, the food....we had the most amazing seared rare ahi tuna, served over a bed of fresh greens. We all agreed it was in our top ever ahi tuna meals anywhere in the world! We also had the Shrimp Michael, which was equally as amazing! I am an Italian originally from New York that is constantly disappointed almost every time I order a seafood pasta dish out in a restaurant. Well, I can tell you, this shrimp pasta did not disappoint!! It was flavored to perfection! We enjoyed our first meal there so much we ended up going back 3 times during our stay. I don't wish to speak ill of other restaurants on the island, but I will say that we tried many of the others while there as well, and Brigadoon's is the only one we returned to. Not only for the wonderful food and people, but also for the value. Other restaurants were more pricey, and the food was not nearly as good. One restaurant even charged $8 for a basket of bread (which was not warm and I think was store bought), whereas Brigadoon's brings a fresh baked, warm roll to each person, and there is not an extra charge for it. Lastly, let's not forget the dessert!! Chef Michael prepares all of the desserts homemade in house. The whipped peanut butter chocolate cake was literally ecstasy! He makes a variety of cheesecakes that changes every few days. The white pear martini cheesecake was one of the most amazing and unique cheesecakes I have ever tried. And again, I'm pretty picky about my cheesecake too! Oh, and the bar, by far one of the best selections of wines and liquor to choose from on the island. My suggestion, go here on your first night, so you can see for yourself, and then still have enough nights to go back again!!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank schouty
Cary, Illinois
“Delicious and great service!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our dinners at Brigadoon during our stay on Saba. Tuna Steak Salad and Fresh Caribbean Lobster perfectly prepared by Michael and served by Trisha. Lively atmosphere!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Melissa M
“amazing cheesecake. best ever”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

the food was great. the owner, Tricia, makes the evening a fun experience. the cheese cake was to die for and I am not a cheese cake lover.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank patofeo
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice but slightly overrated”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was a popular destination for those seeking a formal dining experience, and almost everyone we talked to had been there and liked their food. Having said that, my experience was less positive. I should say up front that the service was consistently attentive and friendly. I ordered the fish special: red snapper in a banana/lime/cilantro sauce ($23). It came out raw. They kindly cooked it longer and returned it, but now it was tough and overcooked. Alas. I was too hungry at this point to protest. The sauce was also disappointing because it tasted more like a European cream sauce than the tropical tangy sauce I was hoping for. The specialty cocktail (the "Cadi") was their version of a margarita, but I found it too sweet from the orange juice and not strong enough to merit the $10 price. The hummus appetizer ($8) was very good, especially since it was authentically creamy like a Lebanese hummus should be. Overall, a mixed experience.

• Visited December 2013