“Delicious food, warm & professional service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brigadoon

Brigadoon
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Windwardside
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Providence, RI
“Delicious food, warm & professional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Most people go to Brigadoon for the food - and I'd agree... it's the best meal we had on Saba this week (we went twice!).... But what sets Brigadoon apart from the rest was the friendly, professional service. Owners Michael and Tricia were attentive to every detail and their staff was top notch!

We ducked into the restaurant on Tuesday amidst one of Saba's worst storms in memory (10" in 12 hours!) of many islanders we spoke to and were met by Tricia who invited us to the bar for expertly (and generous!) mixed drinks accompanied by her friendly and hilarious demeanor.

I've heard it said that Tricia and Michael are the reason that many return to Saba.... believe it ... and go!

Visited December 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Dining Experience on Saba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family and I visited Saba for a week and we visited Brigadoon for dinner twice, and for just drinks on two separate nights. The owners Trisha and Michael are delightful - Michael puts out plates among the best on the island at a very reasonable price and Trisha provides far and away the most engaging, entertaining, and delightful service accompanied by the BEST drinks (the Horny Butterscotch Martini it is the best drink I've ever had!). Overall I enjoyed every second at this establishment and will be sure to visit every single time I have the pleasure of visiting Saba. If you find yourself in this corner of the Caribbean, with such limited fine dining establishments, and you fail to make a reservation here - only you will suffer the losses!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I ate at Brigadoon 5 out of the 7 nights I stayed on Saba. The owner preps and cooks all of his own dishes, and everything was fresh, cooked perfectly, and subtly seasoned. The restaurant is convenient to the entire island; the ambiance is island/friendly/warm. The wine list was perfect for my taste and the cocktails are great. I had mostly seafood there and it was all exquisite. Recommend calling ahead for reservations, although I saw them accommodate several groups without reservations over the week by moving tables around.

Texas
“Great Dining Choice for Saba”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

As you begin planning your trip to Saba, you will realize that fine dining selections are limited and reservations a must as well as relying on the specials for the evening. We enjoyed a wonderful evening at Brigadoon with a cool breeze and light rain blowing through the open air dining room. This is not only a prime tourist dining location but also where the locals go. Dinner specials the night we were there included fresh locally caught Mahi and Wahoo. Dinner was well presented, sides were good and wine selections were acceptable but somewhat limited. The dining room is open air, no real view of anything and multi-level with several pics of underwater sea life taken by the owner/chef of the establishment.

Overall a very good choice for dinner, definitely in the top 5 on the island. Service was just fine and prices reasonable. Certainly a fine choice for Saba.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Super Slow Service and Merely Decent Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had high expectations for Brigadoon and were definitely let down. I’m used to slow service and “island time” but this was the slowest, most laid back service we experienced on Saba by far. We had already been sitting for quite a while when the Owner stopped by our table to let us know that someone would bring out menus soon, and it did still take at least a few more minutes before the menus finally arrived. The owner is very nice and a character but service was just too slow.

The atmosphere was nice, pretty average for the island.

The food was a letdown too. I splurged on the lobster because I had had absolutely delicious lobster at Scout’s place a couple days earlier. They have live lobster at Brigadoon so it obviously wasn’t a freshness issue but it just wasn’t particularly flavorful and even the butter seemed mediocre (and I’ve never actually thought that about butter before).

There aren’t a lot of restaurants on the island but I’d still rather eat at one of the better restaurants multiple times in lieu of going to Brigadoon.

• Visited May 2013