All reviews queens garden tree house hot tub living room the entire staff our honeymoon scuba diving open air lounge area course dinner tiny island sandy cruz every turn taxi ride exceeded expectations outdoor bar world class
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is very welcoming. Despite arriving early for check in Claire took charge of my bags and this allowed me to attend my morning meetings.This took off when I met Toney, he was exceptional in his service and very knowledgeable of the island. A very talented mixologist he knows the right drinks to mix for the occasion and mood. I have nothing but praise for the attention shown over the time I was there. I would definitely return.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2019

Hospitality is at its finest, and the rooms and grounds are wonderful. You can find that many places, but environmentalism and location are key to this top rating. Paper straws, complementary water bottles with unending filtered water and paper-free service go over well. Better spot than Windwardside for hiking trails in my opinion. Easy access to the Ladder, probably a better route to Mount Scenery than the 1,000-plus steps, and even the Sandy Cruz trail works well with a taxi ride to the far end and then hiking back to the resort. And there are various other possibilities withint walking distance. While the Bottom -- just an 8-minute walk away -- is less touristy than Windwardside, it still has services such as grocery stores and a couple of places for a quick bite if you want something other than the resort's luxury offerings.

Room tip: Schedule a dinner in the Bird's Nest, and get a room with a personal hot tub overlooking the Bottom and the sea.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoyalB
Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

We had such a wonderful honeymoon here. So peaceful and thoughtful. I felt our every need was anticipated. Claire is the fairy godmother you’ve always wanted to make your vacation special and memorable. Highly recommended!

1  Thank lifeofsummers
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

We wanted a different experience than the typical all-inclusive beach vacation, and Saba has been a wonderful "off the beaten path" place to visit, especially if you love hiking and diving. My husband and I went snorkeling and saw things you'd only normally see diving. The hiking is true hiking, so bring your boots for extra ankle support! The hotel has a number of walking sticks you can use for the difficult terrain. There are lots of rocks and ups and downs on the trails, even on the "easy" ones.

When we arrived at the hotel, the owner greeted us in person and we have never felt so welcome at a hotel. One of the bartenders, Toney, is amazing at mixing drinks off the cuff. I asked for spicey and exotic and I was not disappointed! #toney #queensgardensresort. The hotel has some amazing food as well; our last night we had dinner in the lit tree house and it was simply magical! The staff is amazing and, because it is such a small place, people all over the island go the extra mile to help you and make sure you enjoy all that Saba has to offer.

1  Thank Nik--WashDC
Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I had the great fortune to fly to Saba and stay at the Queen's Garden for a night. We were greeted by Claire with a warm welcome, shown to this spectacular lounge with unbelievable views that are truly what dreams are made of. Our room was pearced on a mountain side overlooking the Village of St John's and the ocean. During the afternoon we had cocktails at the bar made by the very friendly Toony and Dakor . We had great luck to meat a couple of local bussiness men who were very informative of the history of Saba. Our meal was wonderfully created by the chef, and serverd by the kind fellow named Harry, feasting on Sabian lobster. The sounds of birds and frogs came to life In the evening from surrounding vegetation, it was relaxing. This was an experience that will will not fade in our memory.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Claire V, Eigenaar at Queen's Gardens Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

What a joy to read that you have fond memories of your stay with us. It was a great pleasure having you as our guests and look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully near future.