“Amazing Experience!”

Sun's Montserrat Island Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your adventure begins with a trip to the North-East of the island where you may see your first glimpse of our volcano. You will see our new capitol, museum, and MVO.Then it’s on to the highlight of your journey, a trip across the Belham Valley (covered in Lahars)into Richmond Hill with breath taking views of the buried city and an up close and personal look at our modern day Pompeii.
Reviewed July 8, 2017

What an amazing day and tour of Montserrat and the Sufriere Hills volcano. We have never been on a tour like this before. Larry and I were honeymooning in Antigua and took a day trip to Montserrat to learn more about the history of the island and volcano. We actually picked the worst day for weather (the only day it rained!) but the tour and visit was still amazing. We were fascinated about the history of the island and how much progress has been made since the eruptions. This is the number one experience we tell our friends and family about when we describe our trip! We have 6 adult children and can't wait to bring them back to have the same experience!

All reviews
"just in case"
"sir george"
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed June 30, 2017

We did the one day tour with Sun. He was an amazing guide: kind, well informed, open to requests, generous and passionate about the island and his job. It is really worth it. I am journalist and he helped me a lot with my job. I strongly suggest this tour.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

We booked this tour through our hosts at Gingerbread Hill. Sunny was our tour guide and the son of Clover and David Lea at Gingerbread Hill.
Sunny is his name and describes his personality. You are a friendly, kind, interesting man and an awesome tour guide. We did the full day tour of the island and a trip in to Plymouth. The tour was awesome, informative and interesting all around. This is a must do tour. This is a family that have been on the island for many many years and know alot and have alot of interesting stories. They never left during the volcano eruptions so they have alot to tell you. Ask questions and enjoy!
Sunny was so kind....fresh cold water in eco friendly glass water bottles...awesome. Soft drinks in the afternoon and he took us by a nice restaurant for lunch The Attic and are very appreciative for the yummy lunch.
Sunny keep up the great tour....we will be sure to see you again on our next trip to Montserrat. Take care

1  Thank barblesjosh
Reviewed May 10, 2017

My niece and I were vacationing in Antigua and after hearing about Montserrat we emailed a couple of tour operators to book a tour. Kristina got back to us quickly and we were able to book a tour the next day. She provided us with options to get to the island (ferry or plane). We chose the Jaden Sun ferry and the ride was an hour and a half each way.

We did the 4-hour Modern Day Pompeii and Plymouth Excursion. It was fascinating! Sunny is an excellent tour guide. He is very knowledgeable and cares a great deal about the island. We got to see some of the new growth on the island and also stopped at the Montserrat Volcano Observatory. We were able to actually walk through the area that was devastated first by a hurricane and then by the volcano (after it was rebuilt from the first disaster).

Sunny also took us to his family's non-profit Hilltop Coffee House which has some very interesting information about the volcano as well as memorabilia from a time when several famous artists recorded albums at Sir George Martin's Air Studios on the island. The lunch stop was at The Attic which was very good.

This was a great tour!