“Friendly, good food”

The People's Place
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Montserrat
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Not much to add to the previous reviews - we visited the People's Place based on the reviews here at Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. It's a happening place - with locals and tourists coming and going it's a hub of activity and socializing. Best luncheon fish on the island and they have an adorable pet cat for those missing their own pets!

1  Thank SocklessJ

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I cannot believe that after all of my visits to The People's Place that I never wrote a review - my sincerest apologies go out to John. The place is unassuming but a must stop for any visitor to Montserrat. A great local spot. And Locals go here to chew the fat and talk about current, and past, events. The beer is ice cold, the view and scenery are truly amazing. And the pizza is to die for - and don't pass up the other dishes. The owner, John, is a true gentleman and a great person. I consider him a friend for the Montserrat education that he afforded me. Thank you John, from your big city detective friend. See you in March. Looking forward to a ice cold Carib and some great pizza Brother.

5  Thank BIGMIKEY65
Reviewed May 28, 2012

the Roti is as good as any on the island, sometimes a little gristle is present or the review would be 5 stars, great wrapper, nice curried flavor and will fill you up for a reasonable price.

2  Thank rickg42
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Walked up a trail from my villa at Gingerbread HIll, then a short distance up the road to a small shack-like building with a small deck and dirt-gravel space beside the road. the islanders know this place by the name of the cook and owner, I think it was John. He was very friendly and served plates of very good food with cnanging menu. It is so homey. I walked up on a fri evening and met a group of local and part-time people mostly from Great Britain having a happy hour good=bye party for a young engineer after 6months of service on the island. Don't just ride by!

2  Thank Kenny_Good
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I honestly would not have stopped here if not for the other positive reviews here on Tripadvisor, as the building looks like a small shack and is easy to just drive by - but I am so glad we decided to give it a try! The owner was super friendly and we really enjoyed meeting the locals who were having lunch at the same time we were. The food was delicious and amazingly cheap.

2  Thank christinejwarner