“Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Columbus, Nebraska
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My wife and I and four couples arrived on Montserrat and after settling in to our house, drove to Gourmet Gardens for dinner. The host was very cordial and not overwhelmed by the size of our group. She did inform us that she was having water problems, so if we wanted water with our drinks, she would have to provide us with bottled water, which we were charged for. I had read the reviews and was anticipating a great meal. The beers were not very cold and the food was okay, not really as good as some of the less expensive meals we enjoyed throughout the next several days.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank daterry

Mackenzie, Canada
“Better food and value elsewhere on the island..”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We came here for lunch. We wanted fish and chips, but were told it was too much trouble to mix and batter the the fish.. The milkshake I ordered was sweet enough, but not cold at all.. And the iced cappuccino my wife ordered was tasteless and was had little to no ice in it. The burgers we ordered took 30 minutes to arrive (really, for microwaved chicken pucks?). The owner is nice enough, but is in no hurry to serve you.. For what you pay there is a much better dining experience to be had just across the street at Olveston House, but as there is somewhat of a dress code and we'd just completed a muddy hike..

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank doug z
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“wonderful!my favorite there.”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

we just came back from a week on Montserrat. It was wonderful. We ate here 2 nights and if our trip wasn't cut short, I would have gone for 3. Marie prepares everything herself. she is the owner. she takes your order, makes suggestions, makes your drinks, then prepares and serves your dinner. we always went mudras she opens for dinner at 6 as we hate to wait for anything, just us. the spicy shrimp were my husbands fav. I on the other hand had to have the goulash. thats a dish that is hard to dine and it was perfection.

• Visited February 2012
Midland, Michigan
“Try the Roast Pork!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Friendly service, outdoor seating, roast pork dinner was excellent.

Visited January 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty Food in Relaxed Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My husband and I ate here twice during our visit to Montserrat. The food choices were great and the food was very tasty and plentiful. Be sure to have the salad with your meal. You will not be disappointed. Gourmet Gardens has a good rum punch so try it. We were so full from our main course that we didn't have dessert but we did see others having it. The stroganoff was too die for as were the garlic shrimps. If you want an enjoyable evening with good food in Montserrat, this is the place.

• Visited January 2011