All reviews pools excursions accommodations bay balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2019

We found great airfare and planned an unexpected trip to Martinique. It wasn't exactly last minute though; I booked Carayou two months ahead of time. One week before our flight, I get an email from them saying that they were overbooked and were moving my reservation to a hotel near the airport in Fort de France. I called them to discuss. I was told that the manager was busy and asked to call back in half an hour. (Of course, because international calling is cheap; I can just call all day until the manager has a spare moment (sarcasm!)) I wrote to someone who was cc'd on the email I'd received, figuring that person might be a superior. I threatened a bad review and two days later the superior replied apologizing for a "temporary" overbooking and that I could stay with them after-all. I would NEVER trust them with my vacation and I would encourage all of you to also NEVER EVER consider these people when planning your stay in Martinique.

1  Thank Risonn
Reviewed February 21, 2019

Booked Hotel (two rooms) for my wife and I and our friends, seven months prior to arriving. When we got there ,the manager said it was over booked and only one room available.They gave us a one room with sleeping cot in the living room area for our friends.We had one bathroom with a shared shower.Mean while people were checking out and the manager refused to give us the additional room that we paid for but instead moved us to a different hotel away from the beach area that we all had liked.I would not book this hotel .

Room tip: Do not book this hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank anytimetravel20000
Reviewed February 2, 2019

For our first trip to Martinique, we decided to stay in the area of the Trois Ilets which was away from the capital of Fort de France but yet provided easy access to the city. We couldn't have asked for a better location than that which we found at the Carayou Hotel and Spa. The hotel is at the end of the peninsula of Pointe du Bout and is in a relatively quiet area. And yet, within easy walking distance of the hotel is a marina which offers ferry rides to the city, a number of wonderful small restaurants and bistros and a shopping area which was very convenient and provided quite a lot of variety. We loved it there and were sorry when our four-day visit ended.

Our room was located right on the little bay leading to the harbor so we had a wonderful view of the sea, and there were beautiful sandy beaches right nearby. The hotel itself has a lovely pool and also a sandy beach with plenty of chairs for lounging and shaded areas--much appreciated!

All of the staff at the hotel are extremely friendly and helpful in every way, and there was always someone available who could speak English very well in case of any problems or concerns. (We had none!!)

Additionally, we loved the buffet breakfasts and the beautiful dining area, meticulously attended to by the servers. It was a great way to begin each morning!

As other reviewers have noted, the accommodations are more than adequate and served all of our needs but there could be improvements. This is the only reason that I have for not giving the Carayou five stars! Everything else was five star all of the way!!

Magnifique!

2  Thank BijouBuffalo
DRV-BSH, Regional Sales Manager at Carayou Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Dear Guest,
Bruno BIABIANI

Reviewed December 6, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights. On arrival the reception staff were not friendly, I cant even recall a smile. We were left to find our own room which took a while, after such a long flight we just wanted a snack before sleep, but the only option was the 30 Euro 3 course buffet at the restaurant so we found ourselves heading into town for food. Its a shame they didn't have a bar with snacks.
The room was comfortable but very dated, certainly not worth the rate being charged.
Once we had seen past our initial disappointment the next three days were OK. there is plenty to keep you occupied, and the beach and pool are very nice.
We had booked direct but still had to wear a wrist band just to get our breakfast, I would have expected this on an all inclusive package but not as a direct booking. I hate these things and removed it on day one just celoptaping it back to go to breakfast.!

Room tip: Don't stay here !
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DIR-ADJ, Assistant Manager at Carayou Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2018

Dear Andy,

We did not have a snack but we have a restaurant open until 9.30 pm and a bar open until 11.30 pm. If you don’t want to pay 35 € for the dinner with drinks, you have the possibility to buy on the spot : the all inclusive package for 24 hours (Open Bar, dinner and lunch with drinks of the following day for a flat rate of 45 € / pers).

We regret that your stay did not give you complete satisfaction.
We hope to receive you again in better conditions.

Best regards,

Laure ANDRIEU
Assistant Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Great position, nice swimming pools and the beach. Room were spacious with balcony and the view. Possibility of sightseeing trips with big catamaran Diamond Rock.
Good choice for breakfast. I recommend the place.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ante m
DRV-BSH, other at Carayou Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Good morning and thank you for sharing your opinion.
It will help our future customers to choose our hotel.
We are happy to have met your expectations.
Looking forward to seeing you again ;
See you soon