“Do not stay here”

Auberge de L'Anse Mitan
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trois-Ilets
Auberge de L'Anse Mitan
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Trois-Ilets
London, United Kingdom
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed January 15, 2004

I would not advise anyone to stay here under any circumstances. The auberge was highly rated as a good place to stay on a budget, clean, simple rooms but this rating is very out of date. We booked a studio for earlier this month, fortunately the auberge did not take a deposit.
We left the property after an hour. The studio was up an extremely steep hill, it looked as if it has not been refurbished since the 1970's, the kitchen had cigarette ash everywhere, the cupboards had food remains on them, the fridge was completely rusted on the outside and when you opened the fridge a terrible smell came out of it. The kitchen floor was filthy. The furniture was rusty, the leg came off the bed, the floor was dirty etc etc. We went to give the key back to the owner who did not give us any trouble over leaving. Alot of money is needed to restore this place - until then do not stay here.

19 Thank fru_sorteravn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 14, 2003

We also had reservations at L'Auberge de L'Anse Mitan. We had phoned from St. Lucia, had given them our VISA and thought all was fine. When we arrived, the proprietor very sweetly and delicately refused us a room and professed not to know who we were. We couldn't figure out if the place was open or not or what the heck the real story was.

I would definitely advise anyone to skip this place. Previous reviewers are right--it is not an attractive place, despite the lovely romantic-sounding name.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Trois-Ilets hotels

Covington, KY
Reviewed November 20, 2003

I had corresponded with them and had reserved a room but when I arrived they acted as though I had never confirmed the reservation (which I had). No one had requested a deposit. Anyway, I did get a room. It had great potential, but.... It was in a building part way up the hill with five other units. There were two glass walls, a large porch and a view to die for, the sea by day and all of Fort de France lit up at night.
There was a large seating/sleeping room, a large bathroom with shower and a large kitchen. But everything was so incredibly ugly: fixtures, furniture, fabrics. Not cheap, just ugly.

5 Thank SZ
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 22, 2003

Deposit never returned. I had booked a room at the Auberge de L'Anse Mitan and paid a $150 deposit. Six weeks prior to my trip I had to cancel and notified the Auberge immediately. They never responded, and of course never refunded my deposit. Eventually I contacted the Martinique Promotion Bureau, which sent a letter on my behalf requesting that I be sent a refund. The Auberge's response: stone silence, and of course, no refund. It might be a nice place, but in my opinion it's run by a band of thieves.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member