All reviews nice business big room cruise ship docks business trip spoke english great bar mini fridge good deal gym bay island martinique toilet euros circulation internet security
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2018

We stayed here 4 nights after arriving from a cruise.
We've arrived at the hotel with about 15 other guests at 11:00 am and we were received by two polite female receptionists which seemed to be surprised with our arrival as of we haven't had made any prior reservation (which we did). Following, we were all sent to the bar at the front of the hotel with a beautiful view.
As no service was offered or information about facilities were given by waiters or hotel staff, the group went after drinks and thought that a coffee espresso machine at the wall near the restaurant was available for self-service and complimentary. By our surprise, one hour after everybody had already served themselves with a couple of coffees, a not unfriendly but quiet dry and nervous acting waiter came charging everybody with 3.50 Euro per coffee accepting cash or credit card only (instead of charging to our future room number). We found this unacceptable as it should have been a complimentary service due the fact that some members of the group were disable and no longer in condition to wait for the FOUR HOURS that WE ALL had to WAIT to be able to enter our room.

The room and bathroom are spacious, modern and with a great view. They were clean but the bathroom shows signs of lack of maintenance (please see picture).

Room service charges extra 10 EURO, and this is something I have never seen in another hotel. This is unacceptable for a hotel charging about 150 Euros per night...

We expected in a so called 4 star hotel at least an iron machine and board available in the room. Instead, they have an ironing space on the 4th floor where we have to walk through the hotel carrying all our clothes to get ironed.

Fitness is a joke....a very small room with almost no equipments...

We've checked out with a young (French) male staff, he was polite (not friendly), and it went OK.

We've stored our suitcases around 12:00, and we went to town, upon our arrival (around 14:00), we went to collect our suitcases and asked a staff member at the reception to call us a taxi. This staff was a much older man (perhaps French, in the 60's), and he was cold, distant, with a lack of client hospitality, definitely in the wrong place. He gave us the worst image of the Simon hotel. By the leaving the lobby he didn't even said a simple "goodbye" ......we were totally ignored...

We want to add that the staff from this hotel is very unhelpful.. You make a simple phone call requesting anything and you have to do it yourself.

Absolute no assistance with the suitcases, or when the the suitcases need to be brought to the storage room and etc... (during check-in or check-out).

Rooms can be noisy (especially every time a cruiseship arrives or people at the bistro under the hotel decides to get drunk in the evening...).

Food at the hotel is very expensive

Shower is good but...there is a transparent glass wall between the shower area and the room. So no privacy while taking a shower.

The location is good, but for this price and lack of good service, there are several other hotels in the center of the city, like Karibea and Fort Savane, for example.

Room tip: Maybe....opposite the waterfront, at the back of the hotel...but streetside with cars driving...
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrankdeVries
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are here now at this in reality 2 star hotel with IKEA furnishings. After day 1 here are the issues we have experienced:
1) After booking a “quiet room” we were put in a room where for 8 hours out of the day starting at 8a awful Zydeco cruise band music blasts loudly from the outside. Trying to get a new room is an ongoing process...
2) Breakfast buffet. The key word is “buffet”. Eggs ran out 10 minutes after we arrived and paid 30 euros. We were told the eggs weren’t being replaced. Apparently “buffet” to this hotel means once it’s gone it’s gone as opposed to what other places might do and replace items that are gone.
3) Check in. We waited 45 mins for our room after we were told to check in at 3p.

That was day 1. My hope is that there won’t be any issues with this hotel on day 2 but I will update this review if there are more...

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarthBeltran
Reviewed June 16, 2018

This was my first business trip to Martinique. I chose this location because it was recommended and it was close to the airport and my meeting location. The property is located next to the cruise ship terminal in the heart of Fort De France. There are several nice dining options within walking distance from the hotel and it is minutes from the ferry terminal which takes you to Trois ilet. Parking is also available on site for 10 euro a day. Upon my arrival, the Front Staff greeted me with a smile, had all my paperwork already completed, and she was very professional. I don't speak any French but this was not a problem. The Front Staff all spoke English. My room was on the 7th floor facing the bay. The room was clean and well maintained. There was a safe, expresso machine, and refrigerator but no iron or ironing board. A bottle of water is provided daily in the refrigerator. The property has a nice lounge and restaurant located on the second floor. The service in the lounge is a little slow during off hours but the staff was very accommodating and friendly once they noticed that I was there. The only thing that the hotel was missing was a pool. I enjoyed this hotel very much for my stay and would recommend it for business trips.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank cskeenga
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I stayed at this hotel just for one night prior to embark on a cruise ship.
Good and stylish hotel, I appreciated the big room and the spacious bathroom.
Dinner was good as well and service fast and friendly.
Breakfast served on a terrace was nice too.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank enricodar
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Simon Hotel is beautiful and very modern, However, the reception staff on day one were very unpleasant and unaccommodating. We did meet one pleasant one on our last day. There was a minor issue with check in and the staff, including the front desk manager refused to budge or offer an amicable solution. We were not informed of any of the amenities. Although the hotel is gorgeous I will not want to visit again unless I know for sure the reception staff have been changed!!!!

Date of stay: March 2018