“Magical Stay at Flamboyan!”
Review of Flamboyan

Flamboyan
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I highly recommend staying at Flamboyan Guest House on the island of Vieques! Donna was a wonderful, kind, and attentive host. The location is incredible, right on the ocean. Room #3 - where we stayed - is affordable, comfortable, clean, airy, and complete with a incredible balcony overlooking the Caribbean ocean. It really doesn't get much better than this. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The restaurant right below - Duffy's - is owned by Donna's son, and the food and drinks are delicious and the vibe is fun and fresh. When we checked out, Donna let us keep us bags there so we could spend a few more hours at the beach and even let us shower before heading to catch the ferry well after we checked out. This is a slice of heaven managed by a wonderful host. I dream of returning!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ginger0627
Donna D, Owner at Flamboyan, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for the heaps of praise. We work hard to make sure our guests vacation expectations are fulfilled. Try coming back during the winter months when you'll get a sunset over the water with your view. Every evening is more spectacular than the one before. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I rented a house in Isabella for a week for our April vacation in Vieques. A lovely house but the neighbor's roosters had us up literally all night (not used to it) so after our 2nd night, we tried to think of where else we could go. We remembered seeing a rooms for rent sign by Duffys so we just pulled up and called.

Donna, the owner, was just making her morning rounds and sat and chatted with us. She's very nice and wants to ensure her business thrives by making her guests happy - we booked the corner room over the bar. She offered us cuts of her aloe plant for our sunburns and assured us, no roosters in her yard so far!

The room was small - you have to step out of the way for another to pass, but it was pretty clean and comfortable. It's actually surprisingly quiet for a room over a bar on the tiny boardwalk. The noise comes in the morning, when everybody's driving to work, and there's always that one guy that wants everyone to witness the power of his sound system. But that's ok.

She's got a Kuerig with plenty of options, a microwave and a small fridge for you to throw a few things in, and it was perfect for us. No roosters, and we slept well. My picture of me sitting on the floor of our room making sandwiches on top of our cooler will always make me smile! It's always the small adventures that make a vacation memorable.

Donna was lovely, the room was fine, always stay in Esperanza vs Isabella and don't worry about needing a kitchen. You don't. You won't be able to buy much in the grocery anyway. Just depends on what's in that day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is little guest house is a jewel, with a true Caribbean flare. The rooms are right on the boardwalk and have fabulous views of the ocean from their terraces. We were supplied with fresh beach towels daily, and fresh coffee each morning. Donna, the owner, is a wonderful host and is there to answer any questions you may have about the island, what to do, or where to eat. We would definitely recommend, and plan on going back soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crusier2
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place was a very nice guest house in a great location, one of the nicest we stayed at in PR. It was a bit over priced though in my opinion. We could have probably saved a few bucks by just trying the places next door but once all the fees were added our room went from $110 per night to $140 per night. But the lady managing the place was super nice and friendly. And it was very clean and professionally managed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This little gem of a place on one of the last "true" Carribean Islands was a great find! It cost about 35% less than a comparable room, but had a great ocean view and was right along the boardwalk. The rooms were clean and quint, and the staff/owner Donna was extremely helpful/friendly. We would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Vieques, and particularly, those on tighter budgets. Also, Duffy's food below is quite good as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaseyCollins
Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you need a place to stay while on Vieques, the Flamboyan is a great choice. My room was clean with a comfortable bed. The room had a balcony which overlooked the Caribbean Sea. The food at the restaurant down stairs was delicious and accompanied by enjoyable entertainment.

I stayed there in April of 2013 and really enjoyed my stay. The staff was courteous and helpful. Donna was really great and she added a charm to the already charming place.

I will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in front of the establishment have the best view. The rooms in the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in a 4 star resort in San Juan for 5 days prior to visiting Flamboyan. I scheduled one day and one night in Vieques. I wish now I had scheduled 6 in Vieques at the Flamboyan. I had an ocean front view, with a large private balcony, night time entertainment, great food and peaceful night's rest in a clean, cool room.

I am in great shape and had just finished a hike in the rain forest, We hopped on the ferry to Vieques and I injured my back. Turns out I slipped a disc. I could barely walk upon arriving to the Flamboyan. I was helped up the stairs and was checked on by the staff to see if my condition improved. Donna, the manager, was wonderful and kind. She allowed us extra time in the room the next morning as we had an afternoon ferry and she wanted me to be as comfortable as possible.

The place is a must visit! I'm going back and I am staying at the Flamboyan.

Room Tip: Take the guest room in the front. The patio is huge and the view is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple