“Great Value, Nice Service”
Review of Flamboyan

Flamboyan
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This little gem of a place on one of the last "true" Carribean Islands was a great find! It cost about 35% less than a comparable room, but had a great ocean view and was right along the boardwalk. The rooms were clean and quint, and the staff/owner Donna was extremely helpful/friendly. We would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Vieques, and particularly, those on tighter budgets. Also, Duffy's food below is quite good as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaseyCollins

Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you need a place to stay while on Vieques, the Flamboyan is a great choice. My room was clean with a comfortable bed. The room had a balcony which overlooked the Caribbean Sea. The food at the restaurant down stairs was delicious and accompanied by enjoyable entertainment.

I stayed there in April of 2013 and really enjoyed my stay. The staff was courteous and helpful. Donna was really great and she added a charm to the already charming place.

I will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in front of the establishment have the best view. The rooms in the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in a 4 star resort in San Juan for 5 days prior to visiting Flamboyan. I scheduled one day and one night in Vieques. I wish now I had scheduled 6 in Vieques at the Flamboyan. I had an ocean front view, with a large private balcony, night time entertainment, great food and peaceful night's rest in a clean, cool room.

I am in great shape and had just finished a hike in the rain forest, We hopped on the ferry to Vieques and I injured my back. Turns out I slipped a disc. I could barely walk upon arriving to the Flamboyan. I was helped up the stairs and was checked on by the staff to see if my condition improved. Donna, the manager, was wonderful and kind. She allowed us extra time in the room the next morning as we had an afternoon ferry and she wanted me to be as comfortable as possible.

The place is a must visit! I'm going back and I am staying at the Flamboyan.

Room Tip: Take the guest room in the front. The patio is huge and the view is gorgeous.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Flamboyan Guest House was fabulous! The rooms overlook a beautiful view of the ocean and are on top of Duffy's - a wonderful and fun place to eat. Rooms were clean, water was hot, and the staff was amazing. Donna is a great host and we had a great time!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A little noisey till Duffy's closes. Nice location, Duffy's is a good place to eat. Everything worked out perfect, and was what I expected. I slept good. Nice having balcany over looking the ocean. Coffee available without going out.

Room Tip: Corner room you get air form both sides.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had visited this Guest House a few years ago, while I had lovely time, the improvements are notable! The Manageress, Donna, is a delightful hostess. Her attentive presence made me feel welcome, safe and at home. She directed me, and even helped me find the phone numbers for the tours I was interested in. The trip to the biolum bay was truly magical, imagine kayaking amongst the stars! The food downstairs @ Duffy's is so good that I found myself eating there both lunch and dinner. The "specials" change daily and include delicious soups, one of my favorites was Cajun Shark Soup washed down with a margarita creation made with organic habeneros. The next day I had the Asian Noodle Salad with shrimp and scallops with a Parcharita, a passion fruit concoction that blended perfectly with my meal. The joy of just walking upstairs and climbing into bed to read a bit after my meal, completed my perfect vacation get away. Great price, clean, beach across street, food downstairs it all worked for me.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view balcony
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank travelerSt_Croix
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I say enough about the hopsitality provided to us by Ms. Donna! Great room, great view, great sleep, very clean and I could go on. You can dine at Duffy's downstairs, which is owned by Donna's Son. You will get the same great hospitality there as well, not to mention great food!
By the time we checked in and went downstairs to the restaurant they already knew our names! Now that is serivce.

I will never forget our stay on this wonderful Island.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla de Vieques
#3 of 5 in Isla de Vieques
Tropical Guest House
Tropical Guest House
#3 of 27 in Isla de Vieques

Been to Flamboyan? Share your experiences!