Acacia Guesthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We could not have been happier. Our room was light, airy, and very comfortable. The kitchen had everything we needed for making breakfast and lunch. The roof top was fabulous, for me I could do my yoga in the morning and watch the sunrise, and at night, the stars are glorious. We enjoyed watching the wild horses roam around the neighborhood, as we walked to the malecon. We did not rent a car, and Sun Bay, which has an incredible beach, was easy to get to by foot. Jose is a wonderful host. He called us while we were in Fajardo waiting for the ferry, and helped me to arrange transportation to the health food store in Isabel, and the farmers market on the island, before we arrived at the Guesthouse. It was so helpful and thoughtful of him. I loved every minute of our stay, and also cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a wonderful 2 week stay here with our 2 year old. The apartment was clean and comfortable. Jose, the owner, is very helpful and sweet. It was really lovely. Although we spent very little time in the apartment--all day every day at the beaches--there are some highlights: well stocked and clean kitchen; stunning views from the roof deck; perfect distance-not too far not too close to the malecon in Esperanza; and of course a sweet and helpful host. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The apartment we rented was clean, bright, and spacious, with lots of room for myself and my two friends. Jose was a wonderful and gracious host and had wonderful travel suggestions. I would highly recommend the views from the roof at sunset. If I return to Vieques I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was a great pleasure to arrive at Acacia after having traveled around on the main island and Culebra. The 3-story building sits on top of a hill on the edge of Esperanza. The apartment I stayed in was really spacious for a solo traveler, bigger than some apartments I've lived in! It was tastefully furnished and the kitchen was well equipped for meals. The place was clean and the windows let in a great breeze. There is also a small balcony area in front of the unit for hanging out, and a roof deck with panoramic views. I loved that Acacia was a short walk to the main strip of Esperanza, but not right on it. The only noises you'll hear are the neighborhood, roosters (which crow at all hours, so bring ear plugs), and the frogs and insects at night. It was also an easy walk to the Green Store for supplies.

The best part of Acacia was the hospitality of my host, Jose, who sat down with me and gave me a detailed overview of the town and things to do. He went above and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable and was really pleasant to talk to. He has two very nice dogs as well. When it was time for me to move on to the next guest house (somehow the timing worked out so that I had to stay at two different places on Vieques), he helped me get a ride over there. I didn't love Vieques as much as I did Culebra, but one of the nicest things about Vieques was staying at this place, which felt like a home away from home. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mangobing
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. We (my boyfriend and I) stayed in one of the studio rooms. It was a great little space for our four night in Vieques. The room is clean ,comfortable and air-conditioned. The small kitchen is fine for cooking some meals.

The location in Esperanza was great. Only a few blocks to the restaurants. It's also a short walk to the Green Store to pick up some groceries (although it's better to go to one of the larger stores on the other side of the island).

My only complaints: the bathroom (especially the shower) is tiny, so it's kind of hard to move around in there. Also, there are no window coverings on three sides of room, so the sun pours in in the morning.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends. A great little place and a good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple