“Great Ribs !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tin Box

Tin Box
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Barbecue, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Raw Bar and Smokehouse in a tree house setting, overlooking organic gardens. Open Tuesday-Saturday, 2 PM - til 10 PM, HAPPY HOUR $2 oysters 4-6 pm, SUNDAY BRUNCH 11 AM-3 PM , lobster benedict, soft-shell crab, build your own bloody. Closed Monday.
St. John

1 Thank Capt Ted P

Cary, North Carolina
“Dining in a treehouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect from the outside. And was pleasantly surprised. Was a rainy day so they didn't want to seat us outdoors but rain held out and it was nice to be outside. Do note the lighting is very low after dark for outside seating so makes it a bit tough to read the menu. But the atmosphere is fantastic! We were a party of six so service always takes longer for groups but the waitress had our drinks out to us quickly. I had the Ahi tuna salad and it was very good! Had no idea mustard greens are spicy - good thing I had a Pina Colada to cool my mouth off. My husband got some kind of pork he said was rather dry and tough. But he loved the side dishes and we both said the cornbread was the best we had ever tasted. (And we live in NC so we have had lots of cornbread!) They made chicken for the kids which was nice as there is no kids menu and mac and cheese. While I did find the menu pretty limited, I think they do a great job with what they do prepare. I would go back - especially for that cornbread!

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“AWESOME!!! The bacon creme brulee changed my life!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We love this place! The food, service and ambiance! The drinks are wonderful...I had the mango bellini and my husband the watermelon margarita! YUM!!
The house cured BACON is my favorite...mouth watering plate of wonderfulness! Also had the seared Ahi tuna with mediterranean spices...it has pieces of pickeled watermelon rinds (WOW) And to finish the night.....the creme Bacon Creme brulee almost made me cry! Im a FAN! Be back soon!!!

New York
“Could hang out here all night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just a great place. A beautiful location on the side of the road and in the trees, away from the noise in Esperanza and not in the town of Isabel II. Great relaxed atmosphere, a mix of regulars and visitors, surprisingly busy on a recent visit on a weeknight in the slow season of August. The food is really good. Haven't tried a slab of ribs but have had the chicken, the pork, the barbeque trio; prob not the best barbeque we've ever had but all of it very, very good. We prefer small northern oysters and that's what's here, size is irrelevant if they're not fresh and the oysters are always fresh and delicious here. Great baked beans; a little sweet and some of us like that and some of us don't. Jicama salad is always really good. But: the arugula is amazing. I like arugula pretty good, but here it is amazing. It's grown in the garden below and that's maybe the secret. It's not always in the Backyard Salad, and that's too bad but that's how it goes with fresh items. The mustard greens in that salad instead, on two visits this past weekend, pretty darned good as well!

Good food, good bar, friendly staff, great location, lots of coqui company at night.. excellent.

1 Thank LMNOQ
Santa Rosa, California
“Best Bacon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Must go here for the best Sunday brunch in town!!!

Great service & delicious food. The eggs Benedict and French toast were fab along with the best bacon in town!