“Walked along the busy street the entire way...”
Review of Taxi Horses

Taxi Horses
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach horseback riding tour company that is exclusively endorsed by Puerto Rico Tourism Office on Vieques Island: Owned, managed, guided by local natives.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stick with Esperanza Riding Company. Taxi Horses was kinda terrible. A two hour ride going from near the W to the airport and back -- along Rt 200, which is probably the busiest road in all of Vieques. They did take two diversions onto beaches, but it was purely going through the motions. The guides spent all of three minutes on each beach, acting like they couldn't wait to get done with this ride and get back home. Also, the guides were mostly silent the entire way. No info about the horses, the history of the island, anything about the plantlife -- nothing. Just quiet time. We did two rides with Esperanza Riding Company also and they were 1000% better.

2  Thank Aristotlenova

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

This was really fun. The guides were nice and the horses are well trained. They took us up the hills for some breath taking view of the island and then to us to run along the beach.

The horses were easy to handle, even for my parents who had no experience with horses before. By the end of the tour they were on the horse running along the beach like pros.

1  Thank Jerry C
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Always wanted my kids to ride horses on the beach and this was a great experience for them.
We did trails, 2 beaches, our teenagers had a great time!! Would recommend to anyone who wants memorable experience on Vieques!!

1  Thank bwh15936
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have gone on many horseback rides before and this was by far the best. The most memorable part of the tour was walking down the beach with the horses and specifically taking the horses deep into the water. I loved how they incorporated both riding through trails in the mountain to walking through the beautiful blue Caribbean waters. The guides were excellent and had lots of valuable information about the island too! They made us feel very safe and comfortable on the horses and even provided us with water and a refreshing break during the ride. I would most definitely take a tour with Taxi Horses again and highly recommend them for anyone who is interested in an amazing, one in a lifetime experience!

1  Thank KalesB
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This was a wonderful experience. My wife and I signed up and we were joined by another couple. We both have only ridden twice before on a similar excursion in other parts of the world, so we're very much beginners. That said, this was our best horse riding experience to date. The views were incredible and the path through the brush felt like a real jungle escape. The beach was also perfect as we hit it right at sunset and got to ride into the water. I was surprised to see a bad review that mentioned the horse "Indio". I actually ended up riding him and he couldn't have been more gentle or responded more easily. The guides (we had two) were great and took great pictures of us at different spots. We also met the owner who was a real professional and helped us get a car back to our hotel. Highly recommended, don't miss this experience in Vieques.