“A fun island adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Taxi Horses

Taxi Horses
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach horseback riding tour company that is exclusively endorsed by Puerto Rico Tourism Office on Vieques Island: Owned, managed, guided by local natives.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A fun island adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Led by a local guide, our trip took us through the mountainous terrain of Vieques up narrow paths and then down to the beach where we rode on the beautiful sand and then even into and through the warm ocean waters. We were lucky that my wife spoke Spanish, because our guide did not speak any English. Nonetheless, we had a great time, and I would definitely recommend Taxi Horses.

Visited August 2013

Meriden, KS
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Definately worth it!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We throughly enjoyed our horse back riding through the countryside of Vieques and on the beaches!! It was beautiful!! They provided all the assistance that we needed to be safe and have a great ride!! I would have liked a bit more beach ride and less on an actual road, however. The guides were fun and knew their horses! I needed help with mine!! Others in my group had full control and even waded in the water with the horses!! it was a lot of fun!!

Visited July 2013
Puerto Rico
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been riding for about 7 years now in the ring but have never gone on a true trail ride like this before and I was extremely pleased with how it went! After matching you up with a horse, getting you on and adjusting stirrups and what not, you head out on a mountain trail with a guide in front and one in back. My group was pretty advanced and so we were pretty much free to move as we pleased so long as we stayed within reasonable distance to the group. After a water break at the airport we moved down the road to two beaches, one smaller than the other, and you could have the horses wade in the water. The guides allowed you again to do pretty much whatever you were comfortable with which for me including galloping down the second long beach a couple times. There was plenty of opportunity for photos which is a must with that background! Taxi Horses is great in that they let you do what you are comfortable with on your horse whereas some other companies hardly will let you do more than trot. Overall, this was probably the highlight of my trip and I strongly advise you to go on your own adventure with Taxi Horses!

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I have a mental list composed of the best days of my life so far...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

And riding horses up and down a mountain, a coastal highway, and cantering through the waves on the beach (something I have always dreamed of doing!) with the services Taxi Horses provided is definitely one of them. Jamie, one of the tour guides, is extremely knowledgeable about the history of Vieques, the horses, and riding in general. An extremely sweet person, as is the owner, Gypsy. The horses are well-cared for and well-trained. What is very different about Taxi Horses is that they allow you to stretch your legs depending on your experience and comfort level--I take riding lessons and it was awesome to get the OK to try a bit of cantering, though Jamie had my horse's needs (his name was Zorro! A spunky quarter horse, I think, but am not sure) and mine in mind when deciding what I wanted to try. This is a sign of a skilled and responsible owner/guide that has the best interests of the experience level of the rider, as well as the horses, at the heart of their business. I also had the opportunity to ride a Paso Fino named Pinto. Paso Finos were bred ages ago for the needs of Vieques and have an important place in the island's history and contemporary life. They have a smooth gate even while trotting so that it is less bumpy, and I loved having the opportunity to ride one! Definitely use Taxi Horses for your Vieques horse back riding adventure. Also, one of the perks is that the pick up and drop off point is, of course, right by a lovely beach so there is time for swimming before and after. My only regret is when Jamie asked me if, where I live, horses also roam about my town--if only they did! :) Great job and THANK YOU to the Taxi Horses team for giving me a beautiful, amazing experience.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Faith C
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Memorable Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was my first time riding a horse, but I was in the best of hands booking with Taxi Horses. The staff taught me how to mount, direct, guide, and control the horse. I felt completely safe and comfortable. The guide took us through the country side which offered impeccable views of Culebras island and the main land PR. Then we were brought to the beach....which is a beautiful memory that I will always cherish for the rest of my life. The guide was right next to me helping my horse along the water on the shore and they even took pictures of me and my husband together on our horses, as well as for another couple. We were on our honeymoon, and it was so romantic to ride horses along the beach during sunset. Thank you Taxi Horses for giving us such a cherished memory!

Visited April 2013