“DISAPPOINTED”

Add it.
Vieques Outdoors- Day Tours
Ranked #35 of 41 Tours in Isla de Vieques
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We are from Puerto Rico so we are use to dirt road but this road was so extremely dangerous at one point they had said to hold on as they drove so fast threw huge holes on the road .The staff was very unprofessional no one could explain anything about the bio they were 3 of them and no one knew what they were doing at all.As we were going back to the van they were hot wiring the van.I turned and said I think they had stolen the van. I believe they were in it for the money.we only did the bio tour thank god.please don't use them the are not what they say they are not at all.

3  Thank dbetlow
in 2 reviews
"island"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Do not take this tour. I would not recommend it to anyone. We were supposed to be picked up at 5pm and they were an hour late. We tried to call to confirm and the number given did not work. We also got a confirmation email the day after our scheduled tour. During the tour the guides only spoke Spanish. We had no direction or instructions. We kayaked through the mangroves with only the lead (guide) kayak with a head lamp. It was pitch black! The guides said that they are not about the money only about getting people to be one with and connect with nature. Then the guide lit up a cigarette and started to drink vodka. Only one other person on the tour was able to somewhat translate what we were being told. We got back out to the bay and tied up to this beaten up boat and they said for us to swim. Right after we were told you're not allowed to swim in the bay! A storm came through and we felt very uncomfortable and unsafe and they wanted to go look at the fish. We were finally able to get through that we wanted to go back to shore. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Very unprofessional and unorganized.

3  Thank Amalia Z
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This company is so awful and Nester is too lazy.

I reserved their tour and emailed for confirmation, but they didn’t reply.
2days later, I emailed again and Nester confirmed and told me the meeting place and time.

On our appointed time, he didn’t come.
30 minutes later, I called the company and they told me THEY HAVE NO RESERVATIONS!
I told the staff my situations and he said their staffs will come in one hour, so I waited again, but 2 hours later, they DIDN’T COME AGAIN!
After all, I couldn’t go to the bio bay because the night was my only night in Vieques.

After my trip, I complained Nester. He apologized and offered to refund my cost for Vieques. I told him the cost (Air fare from Puerto Rico, and Hotel).
It is not so expensive (less than $400) and he said to refund, but he wanted time to prepare the money.
After a month, he wanted time again.
Next month, again!
The next month, again too!
Clearly, he has no intention to pay the money.
It was a perfect waste of time.

They ruined our trip. I want to sue them indeed.
Be careful, don’t use this company for your precious trip!

Thanks for reading.

3  Thank Akihiro M
Reviewed May 30, 2013

i was on the island to attend the wedding of a friend and subsequently had short period of time for sightseeing - went to Black Beard sattelite office close the the hotel where i was staying - talked to them about my interest - They arranged a tour of the island for a friend and myself that includedall the usual "tourist" points of interest but also showed us places of interest that were more local favorites, such as, best snorkeling point, preferred local restaurants, etc. Tom was our guide tour - happened to be a history buff and subsequently was able to also make this an educational experience about the history of the island and natural resources, etc. In addition to his knowledge, he was very personable, entertaining and it was a fun trip - best time I had on the island. On the next day, I went on my own to some of the places he pointed out wereof historicl interest - in the time that I had, I planned to visit some historical points of interest and try some of the local restuarants (in liue of hotel food). I requested the hotel to order me a "local" cab and upon reaching my first destination, the driver gave his card for return pick up at Black Beard location in town. Upon calling the cab for pick up, the responder to my call spole only Spanish - which I did not - went into Black Beard for assistance - the staff at Black beard - I believe her name was Cheryl - called the hotel for me - the Concierge who answered told her he was to busy and hung up - she called someone else at the hotel and finally an arrangement was made that was of no cost to me. My point in writing this review was to provide positive feedback about the services i received from Black Beard - staff was exceptionally helpful in arranging the tour to our specific needs and then some as well as being helpful in a situation where the hotel failed to be responsibe. If I ever return to the island I would not hestitate to use their services or recommend to anyone traveling in that direction.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Nestor agreed to take a group of 30 people snorkeling in Culebra. We specifically asked for a naturalist guide. He showed up with 10 snorkels, so we had to take short turns. He pointed the direction to snorkel and said go for it. I spent only 40 minutes in the water, looking for turtles in the wrong place, when i had hoped to have several hours of guided observation. There was no interpretation or advice whatsoever. There were no life jackets offered for my students.
He seemed out of it, lying down on the beach.
We had called Nestor because he had been a good guide at the vieques biobay in the past. Unfortunately, he misled us gravely about his knowledge, ability, and equipment when it comes to snorkeling.

4  Thank Kmcmaken