Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
See available hotels
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
Excellent 5/5
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsb bwild horsesbeach chairsnice patiocomfortable bedwould stay againsmall kitchenmain islandtrip to puerto ricoisabel segundapauledmvehicleairportbeachescoolerjeep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent our anniversary vacation in Puerto Rico & for some of the trip, Vieques. We loved staying here! Our host was fantastic, breakfast was killer, the "anniversary treatment" was awesome, and we loved the location.

We highly recommend using his vehicle if you aren't already planning on renting something else! Also his suggestions for food and nightlife were great.

One of our favorite parts of this place was the mango trees in the backyard. You could pick your own fruit and watch the horses (they live freely all over the island) come into the yard and eat mangoes that had already fallen.

Anyway, we loved our time! Rooms were clean and comfortable - this isn't a resort, but it's perfect for a taste of the island.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Loree M
Paul M, Owner at Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Loree,

Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm happy that your anniversary trip was better than you expected.

True, we are not a resort nor do we try to be but we always try to go above our guest expectations and it sounds as if we did this time.

Again, thank you for staying with Estancia de Manzanares and I hope should you return to Vieques you will give us the pleasure of staying with us again.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This B&B is located right at the entrance to some of the best beaches I have ever seen. Paul took great care of us, and knows how to make his guests feel at home. Rooms are clean and comfortable, beach bags were great and breakfasts were tasty. Paul picks you up at airport/ferry and drops you off and works around your schedule which is very nice (he adjusted breakfast times to work with our dive schedule). Vieques has many interesting things to see and do and this B&B is centrally located to all of them. Room had AC but with great windows we didn't even use it. This was the first time we stayed at B&B and believe it will be hard for our next to live up to the standard Paul set. I would recommend Estancia de Manzanares (and Vieques) to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul M, Owner at Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dwain & Joana,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our lil B&B and thank you for all the kinds words. I truly hope you had a great time here on VQS and st EdM. I know I had a great time having you as guests and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking to stay in vieques in a fancy hotel, then look somewhere else...BUT if you're looking to spend your time on beaches, traveling, enjoying nature then this place is definitely for you!!! We booked this place because Paul gives an option to use his car, which is a must if you you want to enjoy the beauty of the island. He also provides beach chairs, mats, towels, even snorkeling gear! Paul also picks up& drops off at the ferry. Very courteous, caring owner! Highly recommend this place! Thank you, Paul!

• Stayed: March 2013
Paul M, Owner at Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our place, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Estancia de Manzanares and Vieques.

I enjoyed our beers and conversations, you two are a fun couple and I'd love for you to come back and visit again as I'm sure there a few beaches still to visit.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was lucky enough to find Estancia de Manzanares on Trip Advisor and congruent to all the previous reviews, the place was perfect for the budget-wary traveler who still wants comfort and cleanliness and above all a friendly and caring host such as Paul, the owner.
The rooms are simple but comfortable with all the necessary amenities like a kitchenette, television, air conditioner, ceiling fans and full bathroom.
Paul provides each room with a set of beach chairs, cooler, beach towels and snorkeling gear for a fun day at the beach. He was so generous in offering to drive us to the beach for the two days we spent in Vieques which saved us a lot of money and hassles. He lent us his car on the last evening we spent on the island so we drove into Esperanza and had a nice dinner.
Overall, it was a more than perfect and comfortable stay. I also wish Paul the best luck on his newest venture, a food cart named "Stella's" which has the promise of delicious food.
-Alfredo

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Paul M, Owner at Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Alfredo & Magdalena

I had so much fun getting to know the two of you and truly enjoyed our conversations. Thank you so much for you review and I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here at EdM and more importantly on VQS.

The "thank you" bottle of wine was certainly not necessary but very very much appreciated (and delicious).

You'll have to come back soon as the horses miss you guys. I hope and trust your journey home was without any problems. I'm looking forward to any pictures you'd like to post.

Again, thank you for the kind words and for choosing Estancia de Manzanares for you lodging needs while on Vieques.

PAUL

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a budget friendly place to stay in Vieques for St. Valentine's and came across this little jewel. We decided to book a 3 night stay in Estancia de Manzanares and give the place a shot after reading all of the positive reviews and were very pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The owner, Paul is one of the nicest guys we've ever met and he will go above and beyond to make your stay as enjoyable and memorable as possible. So let us give you the specifics.

The actual B&B: It may not say much on the outside because it looks like a regular two-story house, but the room was very clean, nicely decorated according to the color (we got the blue room) and well equipped with a full kitchen (fridge and stove) and air conditioner. You have a shared balcony were you can relax and catch the breeze - there's no real view because it's located in the middle of the road. There is no pool, but being this close to the beach we thought it really wasn't necessary. It does have dish network so you can watch TV and it also has free wi-fi - two very cool perks... :)

Location: It is in the middle of Road 997, which is at a 45 second (we timed ourselves) drive to the entrance of the Reserve where most of the best beaches are located so it's VERY conveniently located. It's a 5 minute drive to El Malecón in Esperanza where we had lots of fun at the bars and restaurants and a 7-8 minute drive to Isabel II where the ferry is located. The only downside is that I imagine light sleepers might have some trouble falling asleep because of the occasional speeding car that passes through the road in front, but Paul offers earplugs for that purpose - we didn't find it to bother us at all. The place itself is located on a 2 acre property where the semi-wild horses love to graze and this became one of our favorite things to watch in the mornings when they would come in and drink water from a tub Paul left for them.

Value: AMAZING! You can get breakfast AND a car for about half the price of most of the other "B&B" /hotels regular rate...! Breakfast was really tasty and plentiful. You also get an awesome host! Paul will pick you up from the ferry/airport and drive you back free of charge, he will offer recommendations as to beaches and places to visit and things to do on the island. He really does feel like an old friend and is really a great guy, that was kind of just the icing on the cake for us :)

Bottom line: If you're looking for a place to spend the night, have good breakfast, be close to everything and not break the bank - THIS IS IT! It was a beautiful experience for us, we can't stop talking about the place and we hope to be back real soon!

Room Tip: Ask for the blue studio if you need a fridge.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KrystalPharmD
Paul M, Owner at Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Krystal,

Thanks so much for the kind words and I'm so very happy that the two of you enjoyed your stay on Vieques and at Estancia de Manzanares. I hope, in some small way, that we made your St. Valentine's get-a-way special.

One of my goals in opening EdM was to be a nice place for the budgeted and non-budgeted traveler and it's nice to read that I accomplished this goal with your stay.

The horses are still coming and there's a new baby in the group and she loves to play and play so you'll have to come back soon to meet and play with her.

Thank you again for the kind words and I'm very happy that you had a great time here on VQS.