“Great Place to stay”
Review of Casa La Lanchita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Casa La Lanchita
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The rooms are good sized and private. There stoves, refrigerators, coffee pots etc. After a sun filled day, snorkeling etc, relax at the pool, before heading out for dinner. Sunsets are awesome, in late winter, early spring, migratory whales are visible from the gallery (Gallery = patio/porch).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just came back from our August 2012 vacation in Vieques. When we arrived in Vieques we met the owners granddaughter who was overseeing the place in their absence. She and everyone at Casa LaLanchita were very friendly and helpful. We loved our suite, but had one hiccup, the motor in living room's A/C unit did not work. Unfortunately, their staff informed us that replacement motor would not arrive until after our stay. They offered us a change of suite, but we declined. We took advantage of the location of the suite we were in which provided for soothing ocean breezes. We rented a jeep from LaLanchita which was a wise moved on our part, and after hitting the island's beautiful beaches during the day, we relaxed at the pool at night. Casa La Lanchita staff were great in suggesting placing to go in the island. We will definitely go back to La Lanchita.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David G
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My grandson wanted to go to Puerto Rico as a graduation gift from me, his grandmother. My son lives in Vieques so I decided we could make this a two-fold vacation to enjoy.
We arrived in Vieques after seeing the sights in Old San Juan and immediately knew this was a lost paradise. We reserved a room at LaLanchita and were very surprised by all amentities that were provided for our use at no charge. The room was airy, bright, spacious and equipped with pots, pans, dishes, glassware, etc. It was clean and organized.
Beds were very comfortable along with the easy sleeping pillows. The pool was right outside our room #8. The owner (McHouls) were on a vacation of their own and we were greeted by Carrie and David, who were overseeing all aspects of the guesthouse. Carrie provided information about the town, events that were happening when we visited (festival for St Carmen)and we were told we could rent a car for our explorations. We enjoyed the fabulous beaches that were almost deserted and a trip into Esperanza for dinner and a drink, Carrie made reservations for the Bio-Bay adventure which was pretty awesome. We stayed 2 days but clearly reflecting on our visit that was way too short. We both will be returning soon.

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great place is an understatement. The owners are excellent people! The hotel is right on the ocean and has it's own reef for great snorkeling. The guestrooms are spacious and have all the comforts of home!!! Bed was very comfortable. Owners were very accommodating. They made our honeymoon very special even though we only had one night on
Vieques. Also rented a jeep from them. They gave us an info packet and rum punch when we arrived. We had a wonderful time. We will be back someday!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Animalkeeper7
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We felt comfortable right away! The kids and I wandered down to the beach while my husband checked in, and we were hooked. A beautiful frigate bird was swooping over us, a surprise wave splashed us up to our knees, and the kids were fascinated by the coconuts and palm fronds.

We stayed in Room 8, so we looked right out over the pool (one of our son's favorite parts of the trip!) Overall, it was quiet enough to be very relaxing, but family-friendly enough that the kids could talk at a normal "kid" volume and not disturb people (the waves crashing helped with that!)

The kitchen had everything we needed, the room was cozy enough, but with plenty of space for the 4 of us, and the breezes and ceiling fans kept the temperature perfect. (we did turn on the AC one night- no breeze!)

We rented a car from the McHouls- it was perfect for our beach adventures. And Doug called us today (day after we left) to let us know that we'd left a disposable underwater camera in the car- and insisted on mailng it back to us, so our little guy wouldn't be disappointed!

There were too many good things to list them all- here are our highlights:
6-year-old son- the pool, of course, and the beach toys to borrow!
11-year-old daughter-quiet space to read without her brother, lots of outlets for phone, Kindle, ipod...all the things a tween needs to "get away from it all" ;)
hubby- laundry room and relaxing on the balcony with a beer (and the fact that it was clean enough for me to relax without my usual hotel ritual of cleaning everything with Clorox wipes!)
me- the towels and sheets smelled so good, and their eclectic library saved my trip when my Kindle broke on our second day!

Our trip ended on a sweet note when Marikay and one of their dogs (Pincho) drove us to the airport- the kids chatted about the dog for the whole trip. And when we bought our 6-year-old a stuffed dog as a souvenir at the airport, he named it...what else? Pincho!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SmallWorldCT
Reviewed April 2, 2012

When we got there, the kind lady gave me a free coke, which I was very pleased with and it was a good way to start our trip. After that, my friend had gone to ask for drink when he was sternly told that they were "only for special guests." My sister got a rash and bug bites from her bedspread, and when our faulty toilet overflowed and flooded the bathroom and part of the bedroom, I was sternly told by the management where the mop was and that I should "make sure I clean it all up." This task took me a good hour to painstakingly clean up. Lastly, right at 9:00 both nights we were staying there, one of the owners stepped out on his porch and yelled at us to be quiet while we were swimming in the pool, or else he would close it. All in all, this visit to La Lanchita left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2012

If you want to make a romantic escape, this is the perfect place to be. Casa La Lanchita (english translation: "Little boat home") makes you feels like in home in the Caribbean. They have mini apartments in their rooms. Very clean, confortable beds, kitchen is complete :with pots, pans and every thing you need to cook. VERY QUIET place any time of the day. The pool is little but clean and a heater for cold days.

I stayed there two times with my husband in two romantics getaways : Valentine's Day and Christmas. The owners are very familiar and live in the same place. So, they are available for help in every thing. They are very flexible and don't bother you with any special requirement.

This place is special for me, because is the only guest house in Vieques that have a view just in front of the sea. You can sleep with the sound of the waves around the place, even the salty smell is around the room. It's a very natural escape, no glamour, nothing fancy... only a quiet place. If you are lucky than me, maybe you can hear the whales passing around the place in the middle of the night. THAT WAS SO AMAZING! (You really can hear and see the whales in Vieques waters around November through March, every year). So, you can take this like an extra.

So, this is the perfect place for a family trip or a romantic escape. I hope you enjoy it like me!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with living room if you go with kids, they have TV and a couple of sofas to sleep...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort
Tropical Guest House
Tropical Guest House
#3 of 28 in Isla de Vieques

Been to Casa La Lanchita? Share your experiences!