Casa de Amistad
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsice packsbeach towelscommunal kitchensnorkel gearfront porchguest houseisabel iiplace to stayferry dockother guestssmall poolmorning coffeeprivate bathroomgreat hostsfull kitchenthought of everythingcommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2007

Casa de Amistad is the perfect guesthouse. The staff is exceptionally kind and accommodating. The rooms are spotlessly clean and nicely appointed. The layout is wonderful with porches, a courtyard with a small pool, a dining area, a sun deck, and a common kitchen available to guests.

I was actually impressed how the kitchen and dining areas allowed guests to meet and compare notes on the beaches and snorkeling available on the island. I say this because this is a guesthouse with several rooms set up as a small hotel (8? I think) and not a Bed and Breakfast. Personally, I hate B&Bs and having to eat muffins with people I don't necessarily want to know at 8 am in the morning. I loved Casa de Amistad.

An additional point to note. Usually web sites are better than the real thing. Casa de Amistad is the opposite. It is better in real life than on the web!

I'll be back next year.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Minnesota_Ice
Reviewed March 18, 2007

We stayed at Casa de Amistad for our 2nd time in 2 years, we adore this place, the owners and staff immensely. It's hard to put your finger on exactly what it is about Casa de Amistad that makes you love it so much.

Between providing every comfort that you can to need on a beach vacation (chairs, towels, beer, snorkel gear, free Puerto Rican coffee every morning, a clean pool) to being a perfect spot for those of us on "working vacations" (internet access, wireless connections, gorgeous spots under palm trees to do your work) - the rooms are clean and gorgeous, the staff (Enid, Nilsa) are fantastic, fun and go above and beyond for you...

The rooftop deck is amazing, at night to go up and toast with a glass of wine before heading into town for the best dinner you've ever had. The stars are gorgeous on Vieques and the deck is a great spot to check them out.

Enid will print out information on great local events (like special nights/dances in town, tours of organic farms on Vieques and more) and will tell you everything you need to know about what to do while you're there.

We have stayed both years in the rooms with bathrooms down the hall - and it is absolutely perfect. My bathroom is just a few steps away from my bedroom at home, and Amistad is completely comfortable in that way. The sheets and towels are soft and clean, the A/C and mini fridge/wine chiller is perfect and .. goodness, honestly I cant think of a better place to spend a week of my vacation. I got back last night and already I've been longingly checking the Amistad website for photos on their website of the pool and patio where I'd drink my coffee every day (although i took about a zillion photos of the gorgeous place) .

Oh, and to top it off, I overheard Enid saying she was thinking of putting in a hammock by the pool.. what could be better? And, with Al's Mar Azul just down the block- the local spot to check out sunsets and drink Pina Coladas every night - and there's a rousing Kareoke night on Saturdays - what could be better?

The first night also, we had to stay in "The Becker Room" which is *NOT* owned by Casa De Amistad. They were good enough to book this local guest room down the block for us for 1 night because we changed plans for our trip last minute and Amistad didn't have a room available. The Becker Room - was awesome! The becker room is owned by Al's Mar Azul and is literally hanging over the beach - you sleep with the sound of the waves at night, there's a private patio over the water with a big comfy hammock. Downside to "The Becker Room" - no A/C - with the ocean breeze (sound of waves), a cieling fan and another fan it didn't end up being a big issue at all, but the bed - was pretty much made out of very soft styrofoam. If you sit in the bed, your butt hits the bed frame. It was really really bad - almost like a Craftmatic Adjustable bed - but without the back support. We had to take the mattress off the bed and put it on the floor our second night - but honestly, the balcony and ocean view really made the stay worth it! Since you're in paradise, these little things sort of roll off your back. (must be all that sunscreen and pina coladas!)

stay at Amistad, you wont regret it.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank IslandsorBust
Reviewed March 14, 2007

This is a very cute guesthouse in Isabel II. I2 is very small as it is, and CdA seemed about a minute's walk from everything. Room 1 was comfortable and clean with enough room and shelves for laying out our things. Our bed was always made with new towels in the bathroom. There was even had a wine chiller that served as a mini refrigerator, which I wasn't expecting. For those of you who think you need A/C, you'll get it here. The rest of us can make do just fine with the ceiling fan.

With a roof deck, a porch, and poolside patio, there was a lot of outdoor space to just relax and read. There are plenty of chairs and coolers that you are free to borrow. There's also beach towels (first one free), an honor bar with beer, and snorkel gear to rent. A computer, TV (with satellite connection) lounge with trashy books for beach reading and CD's. They had the Magnetic Fields, which raised our already elevated opinion of the place.

Enid, who manages the place, is sweet and helpful as well as the rest of the staff. This is such a charming place that hit every note just right; we won't hesitate to return there or recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank miffyninja
Reviewed December 30, 2006

While contemplating on whether to stay in esperanza or Isabel, after reading the reviews on casa de amistad, we decided to ck it out. From the moment we cked in, we really did feel at home. Enid who was in charge for the couple of days we were there was great, really friendly, sweet, just genuinely nice. We stayed in the room on the first floor which was clean and cozy. The entire guesthouse was welcoming w/ everything you could ever need like: a full kitchen, a common area w/ cable tv, internet access, an honor bar, a sun deck, a pool, snorkel equipment rental, hair dryers, beach towels and chairs and mats, coolers, and a free phone to use for local calls. It turns out that staying in Isabel was much more convenient to us rather than esperanza bc we ended up renting scooters at Extreme Sports and rode everyone we wanted to go, plus the markets and bakeries were in town so it was easy to grab goodies for the beach in the morning.

My advice for Vieques: Red Beach is the beast beach, do not eat at the Blue Horizon Café (it was way overpriced, the food was not good, and the service was cold), for good seafood ck out Topico (I had the carribean shrimp which was awesome), for authentic PR food, do not go to Richards, they didn’t even have arroz con pollo, instead I got fried chicken and rice? U may want to rent a jeep over a scooter bc u can store more. most of the beaches in vieques do not have much sand to spread out on so bringing a chair to lay on would be better, plus you avoid getting the ants and burrs on you, you’ll see what I mean. For a light lunch, ck out Bili’s for a yummy wrap (the salmon wrap is the best). Al’s bar in Isabel is a chill bar w/ strong pina coladas. For snorkeling, rent a kayak in esperanza and off you go, no need for a tour I thought. Lastly, don’t forget the bio bay!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank xxresyxx
A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed July 17, 2006

We had an awesome time in Vieques. Casa de Amistand was clean, Owen was friendly and helpful, and we loved it. Vieques was fun in the kind of fun you have if you like long walks, hiking, off road, quiet beaches and fish for dinner laying around reading books away from mass media. We have not found anywhere else we have liked as much as our trip and stay in Vieques. I hope we get to go back this year! And if we do we will stay there again! Layed back, flip flop wearing beach people, perfect escape from NYC!!! No fuss, no big elaborate parties with fancy attire needed!

Stayed: May 2005