“Charming guesthouse with great rooms”
Review of Casa de Amistad

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Casa de Amistad
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Our stay at Casa de Amistad was fantastic! We stayed back in October 2009 and had such a great time. The owners really keep the rooms and facility clean. We came here after a short stay on Culebra and were so relieved that this guesthouse was super clean. The bathrooms are spotless and the linens were fresh!!

We really enjoyed the honor system bar in the kitchen, free coffee, use of kitchen and use of towels and coolers. The coolers came in so handy when going to the beaches. Most of the beaches on Vieques don't have facilities so you need to bring all your drinks and food with you. Our favorite was blue beach, you could comb for shells and snorkel the reefs right from the beach. Another highlight of the trip would be the biobay!!!

The owners were also friendly and available if you needed them. The pool is also beautiful, too bad we didn't get a chance to use it. We truly felt like we were in paradise on this island and our stay at Casa de Amistad. The coqui frogs at night made me feel like we were in a rainforest!

We hope to return again to Vieques and Casa de Amistad!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Great hosts, very helpful and very friendly. Wonderful to have use of beach chairs, coolers, umbrellas and towels. The community kitchen was a terrific place to meet other guests in the morning while everyone was getting their breakfast. Rooms were not large, but clean and pleasant. A nice balcony and sitting area by the pool for breakfast or a night time glass of wine. The location was not in the middle of the the touristy area, giving you a real sense of the culture and the people. Tt was an easy drive to anywhere on the island and there were many nice restaurants within very easy walking distance. It was a place where you felt at home.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlbanyNYLovetotravel
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Don't want to repeat all the positive reviews, but really, for the price, you cannot find a better place. The proprietors are friendly, generous, and helpful but give you your privacy. The guests - and we met most of them - were friendly and great to share tips. The rooms are clean and have a warm, spacious style. There is parking and a small, private patio area with nice cooling pool. They make a good cup of coffee for you. They provide beach chairs, towels and coolers/ice. You can rent snorkeling equipment from them for $10. Also, make sure you book your rental car WEEKS in advance. This was the best advice they gave us. We ate at Taverna, Coconuts, Bananas, Duffy's and El Quenepo. All were very good, although I dare say Duffy's is definitely better than Bananas, despite the reviews. Duffy's also has a dangerously good strawberry pina colada. Sad when we had to leave...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

If you needed any more encouragement to choose Amistad, hopefully this will convince you to stay here. The website pics don't do the walled backyard justice. It was so nice to have this retreat after being busy every day with horseback riding, snorkling, etc. It's quiet, peaceful and charmingly decorated. They even gave us a ride to the airport at the end of our stay. Don't forget to join the crowd at Al's Mar Azul for sunset coktails! It was a great way to mingle with the owners and other guests.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Stayed at the Amistad for 3 days/nights and couldn't have been happier with the place. Owen and Dan, the owners, are extemely accomadating and helpful whenever needed. The location is great, just a 3 minute walk to the ferry. There are plenty of great restaurants within a 5 minutes walk. I particularly liked Coconuts and the mexican place near the sqaure. There isn't a great beach that's within walking distance; however, there are so many great beaches on this island you'll want to have a car so that you can explore and find your favorite. The kitchen was well stocked and the wifi worked great.

All in all I would highly recommend staying at this guest house. If you're looking for a great value and tremendous hosts, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I decided to stay at Casa de Amistad, based on tripadvisor's reviews and a good review in one of the travel guides. I got a rocking deal considering other prices in the area. I was a little nervous after staying at a similar place in San Juan that didn't quite meet my expectations, but that was 100% not necessary. Casa de Amistad is about a a 2 minute walk from the ferry. It is well decored (clean/modern bright colors, with twist of tropical touches)and super clean. The guys that run it have the "guesthouse" thing down to a "T". For instance, a common bathroom downstairs is a little different to open, so they have little user-friendly labels to help. Every possible detail that I can imagine... they have already figured out.

We stayed in room 5 which has a private, seperate bathroom (15 ft down the hall.) The room was spacious with built in shelves, a fridge and a good AC unit. The only "complaint" I could have and really it is simply a matter of preference... the bed was slightly firmer than I prefer, but my husband loved it! Having the seperate bathroom wasn't difficult at all and more importantly it was super clean! In fact it is the first guesthouse bathroom where I took a shower without having flipflops on!

There are great common areas, including a cute (though a little small) pool, a rooftop lounge area (great for star gazing), a kitchen (lots of goodies left behind), fridge stocked of beer to buy, a computer/internet bar. Plus, the guys who run the place seem to love their gig and very friendly/open. I will never stay anywhere else in Vieques, unless I didn't rent a car. It is in Isabel and the "tourist" part of the island is more centered in Esparanza.

So if you want a clean, fun, super friendly place to stay in Vieques, Stay at Casa de Amistad. You will not regret it! In fact, you will be planning your next vacation before you even leave ... I know we were!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Nice place and very friendly owners. You definitely can't beat the value, and the service was outstanding. I didn't book my rental car well in advance like I should have, and couldn't find any place to rent me a car. I called Owen to see if he knew of any other places, and he told me to just go and enjoy myself and he'd take care of the rest. Owen came through and got us a car for the next day! It's really hard to experience Vieques without a car; Owen was a life saver.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple