“We just came back and we miss it already!”
Review of Casa de Amistad

Casa de Amistad
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Best guesthouse we ever stayed in. Seriously. We were in PR to get quick, intimate wedding. Three nights we spend in Casa de Amistad was our honeymoon. It was the best choice we could have made. We actually extended our stay for one more night because it was so nice. Place is not only conveniently located and clean, it is also tasteful and exceptionally well organized. There is cute kitchen with everything you need to make a quick meal. Stuff doesn't go to waste as whatever you don't use during your stay you leave to share (that includes food, booze, sunscreen, bug spray etc.). There are coolers, beach seats and towels included in the price of the room. You also can borrow snorkeling gear for 10$ (I say borrow, not rent, coz all the stuff you could just use and put money in the black case to pay for it. it also applies to cold beer and water stash). Casa de Amistad has a slight vibe of a youth hostel but with all the privacy you want. You will not regret staying here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank alilia-alilia
There are newer reviews for Casa de Amistad

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My partner and I stayed at this place last month of may because of the recommendation of friends that have stayed there before. We were pleasantly surprised that this place is so nice and quaint !- our room was one of the newest of the property and we loved it. this place is near the ferry and really close to shops and stores as the town is really small. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: get the new rooms!- although not sure about the rest of the rooms, but I am sure will not disappoint...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fervijeeo
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This was my 3rd trip to Vieques,my second time at Casa de Amistad.... I highly recommend staying here. Going to the beach? No problem all the amenities you need are provided,.....totally loved relaxing here.... convenient location ,can't wait til next year..:-)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Denise M
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was my first trip to Vieques, and staying at Casa de Amistad made the experience even more perfect! Casa de Amistad is only a 5ish minute walk from the ferry which was great. Owen was exceptionally friendly, helpful, and accommodating from the moment that we arrived. Even Isa, the adorable house dog, came out to welcome us! Our room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the view from the balcony was great, and I felt at home from the moment that we arrived. We were in an economy room so the bathroom was down the hall but that was not an inconvenience at all, and the bathroom was spacious and very clean.
The location is great, and we were able to walk everywhere in town that we wanted to go with no problem. We did, however, rent a car so we could explore all of Vieques.
We only stayed two nights, and I wish we could have stayed longer--next time we most certainly will! I truly cannot say enough good things about Casa de Amistad.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Meredith H
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our experience at Casa de Amastad was exceptional. A nice Caribbean getaway a little off the beaten path. The rooms were modern and very clean and at the same time they had a nice boutique flare. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It will certainly be in our future travel plans.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was our fifth trip to Vieques and as always we stayed with Owen and Dan at Casa de Amistad. We stayed in room nine which is one of the new rooms and were more than pleased. As nice as the other rooms are, the new rooms are even better. Spacious, well equipped and as is always the case with Casa de Amistad, fastidiously clean. The new rooms have TV's and satellite TV which is nice but rarely used (too much stuff to do on the island to watch TV)
I love being able to walk to the grocery and a variety of good restaurants in the evening, yet the street is quiet and peaceful.
We have visited every April and this year we are hoping to return in December.

Room Tip: Two new rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cornpanzer
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friend and I spent three nights at Casa de Amistad and we both agree that we are coming back to stay again - next time for longer. This is a lovely, lovely guest house. All of my basic needs were met - the rooms were clean, the A/C worked, the location was a couple of blocks from the main square and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Now - let me talk about the pleasant surprises. Owen is incredibly kind and thoughtful. The guest house has plenty of common areas that you just want to hang out in - either with a good book or a glass of wine (or both!). Owen has also made available beach chairs, beach towels, coolers, ice packs, snorkel gear and just about anything you need for a day at the beach but you didn't want to pack in your suitcase. I truly enjoyed my stay and was pleasantly surprised by the attention to details that made my trip a success.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends