“Just Wonderful!”

Casa de Amistad
Chicago, Illinois
“Just Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friend and I spent three nights at Casa de Amistad and we both agree that we are coming back to stay again - next time for longer. This is a lovely, lovely guest house. All of my basic needs were met - the rooms were clean, the A/C worked, the location was a couple of blocks from the main square and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Now - let me talk about the pleasant surprises. Owen is incredibly kind and thoughtful. The guest house has plenty of common areas that you just want to hang out in - either with a good book or a glass of wine (or both!). Owen has also made available beach chairs, beach towels, coolers, ice packs, snorkel gear and just about anything you need for a day at the beach but you didn't want to pack in your suitcase. I truly enjoyed my stay and was pleasantly surprised by the attention to details that made my trip a success.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jennifer60661

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Putney, Vermont
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Friends recommended Casa de Amistad, so we were confident we would find an incredible place. It was that and more. Everyone was helpful and friendly and our room was comfortable: our home away from home.

Room Tip: We went for the least expensive room with a private bathroom down the hall. It was well worth the r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fichter
New Orleans
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This place was fantastic, even despite not having an in-room bathroom and no elevator. So friendly. Such hospitality! The rooms have no phones, no TVs, but why would you want that when you're staying in Vieques!? The decor is so vintage and retro. The pool was perfect after a really hot day at the beach. There's an honor system for drinks, waters, beach towels etc. Free use of ice chests, etc. There's a full kitchen if you feel like staying a while and going to the grocery store down the street. There's wi-fi and a communal TV area if you do feel like cozying up to a movie, like me and my fiance did. And it was quiet. Oh so peaceful. And walking distance to the ferry, but I wouldn't recommend taking the ferry — that's a whole different review all together. Anyway, I'd love to see what one of the downstairs rooms are like! I loved this place!

Room Tip: There's no elevator so keep that in mind when choosing a room, but it's not a difficult walk...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tbellina
San Juan
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Second time on Casa de Amistad. Same owners but this guesthouse keeps getting better. Theys are always improving their property and services. Owen was kind enough to let us see the new rooms and they're beautiful. It also has a new patio area with an asian look fountain, it adds a very chic area to this great place. Overall this guesthouse is welcoming, charming and has a friendly atmosphere that you get in very few places. This hotel has a kind of vintage tropical look that you will love. Stayed from 03/28 until 03/30. Weather was great, sunny and not to hot. Perfect time on Vieques.

Room Tip: Best price ever. I've seen them all in Vieques and trust me... This is the one you want to stay...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Icogoodday
Morton Grove, Illinois
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very friendly staff.Owner was kind and hospitable.Only thing I didn't care about was the next door abandoned home.Very ugly ! If you heavy luggage be aware no elevator. Must go up the stairs unless you're on the main floor.Everything is walking distance from the Casa including the ferry.By the way no T,v. in room

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessie328
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We went to Vieques wanting that low key island experience and Casa De Amistad was our home for the next 3 days. It was like staying at your friend's place, a home away from home. There's a perfect balance comfort, complete amenities…from the honor bar for drinks/water, snorkeling gear, beach towels…and free use of beach chairs, coolers and other beach essentials. Also liked the idea of the "shared" items so there's no need to run to the nearest grocery or drug store if all you need is a pat of butter, milk for coffee or bug spray for a day.
Well managed, clean, affordable and super friendly sums it all! Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Liked all of them.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank trvlcrzy
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I just got back from a wedding in vieques, Puerto Rico. My parents and I looked for a nice place to stay and I came up on casa de amistad... Now I must say this place is really nicer then I expected!!... It's a nice little guesthouse for people who want a place to rest from a long day out.. It's right down the street from a lot of restaurants and bars... But I suggest you rent a car if you want to get around... They have cabs for 5 bucks a person but I still recommend you rent a car... My family didn't really need a car because we stayed mostly with out family for the wedding but I will rent one the next time... Owen is also a nice person to talk to and he will help you out if you need anything... Very friendly person and I would stay here again.. A great place for couples to stay at... My parents are very picky and didn't like that there weren't TVs in the room but I didn't come on vacation to watch tv ... Idk about my parents but I'm gonna stay here again the next time I come!!! Hopefully I have gf by then to stay with lol... Again rent a car when you stay on this island !!!!!! If you wanna explore it!!! We didn't need one because we did things mostly as a big group so we rented a big van 5 bucks a person ....

• Stayed March 2014