All reviewsfriendly catshome away from homemango treeroosters crowpuerto ricoshared kitchenbeach chairsanimal loversfull kitchenhelpful adviceboogie boardsresident dogliving room arearestaurants barsqueen bedsun bayhard boiled eggs
Reviewed May 6, 2009

My Husband & I spent 5 days in Vieques staying at this wonderful Inn.
We had been to Vieques before, but stayed somewhere else which
required being driven everywhere. At this hotel, you can walk to the
strip called The Malecon, and delve into shopping, having a cool drink, eating, or just hanging out watching the world go by. I especially
enjoyed this location to feed my "shopping frenzy" visiting all the
neat shops on the Malecon. The Inn keepers, Lisa & Jay, could not
be more helpful. They advised us to go to the Bio Bay, which was
astounding! You go out in a kayak on a moonless night (2 to
a kayak) and you can see yourself glow in the dark! I am so glad
they convinced me to go and do this little expedition. Their Inn is
clean, and nicely furnished in a Key Westy type of decor that just
screams "I am on a remote island"!! They have a nice pool to float
around in to cool off when needed. Their great room is very comfortable, and even has a computer for use if you dare to
check your e-mails while on this wonderful Island. The best was
a trip to Blue Beach....I ran around like a little kid collecting
beautiful conch shells that sit on this beach! I hadn't seen them since
I was a small child on beaches. I brought some home to remind
me of the Esperanza Inn and the beautiful island of Vieques.
My husband went out fishing with Jay, and they caught 3 large
fish! He was a happy camper that day.
Thank you Lisa and Jay for making our stay something very
memorable. We will be coming back again around Xmas!
Lynne & Bill - Palm Beach, Florida

Reviewed May 4, 2009

Esperanza inn is AMAZING! The inn is just a 2 minute walk from the main street which is right by the beatiful sea. It is in a great location. The whole place is kept very clean and the design of the rooms are well thought out and tasteful. We stayed in the Casita, which is separate from the main property and perfect for couples. Everyone who stays is able to use the kitchen and lounge area which was an added bonus as we didnt know about this. There is also a small pool, garden area and rooftop with hamock, seating and bbq. There is parking available and tons of beach stuff (snorkel kits, tubes, mats and umbrellas) available that you can borrow for free.

The service at the Esperanza was hands down the best of our whole trip in Puerto Rico. Everyone is always ready to help you with any questions, especially Noelle who gave us tons of advice on beaches to go and helped arrange many things for us. You dont feel like the staff feel like it is hard work to help you!

There is nothing that negative to say about the place apart from our shower was a little difficult to control...meaning hot water wasnt really hot! But we werent sure if that was intentional since it is hot there anyway. This wasnt really a big problem for us! Also make sure u bring insect repellent as there is quite a few mosquitos...though this is true of the whole island and not just the esperanza inn!!

We would definately come back here and really wish we'd stayed longer!

Reviewed May 4, 2009

Excellent place to stay, close to everything you want to do and anything you want to be a part of. The shops, the restaurants, beach, harbor you name it, is right there. The owners are a delight and will make you feel in paradise. I recommend this place to anyone looking to make the best of their vacation.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2009

The owners were a pleasure to deal with. They were loaded with information about the locality. Even the hippie dude construction guy invited us to go sailing, unfortunatly the day after we were leaving so it was our loss. The location is great, just off the drag but close enough that we did not need to rent a car, big savings. The location is the perfect place to just relax, not the hustle and bustle of other resort locations. The restaurants on the strip offer a venue for different taste, basic american fare and some with their own PR twist. If I had any issue I would request a mosquito zapper in the room, we were in one of the lower rooms.

Reviewed April 18, 2009

I want to say only positive things about this inn. The innkeepers are wonderful - they put so much effort into making your stay comfortable, and they are incredibly helpful. These apartments, on the upside, are located right off the Malecon, the heart of Esperanza with many cute shops and excellent restaurants - so it is easy to walk from here to dinner, which we loved. However, we quickly realized that we needed a car anyway, to explore the wonderful beaches, get to the other town on the island and explore the island in general. Also, the beach right near the inn is not worth swimming in - you will do much better to get in your car and drive to the Sun Bay beach (you can certainly walk to it, but in the heat, and for us, with children, the car ride was better), or better yet, to the Blue Beach and other even more spectacular beaches. The apartments are clean and air-conditioned. However, ours was full of mosquitoes, even though the windows were screened. In addition, in spite of the wonderful trade winds and fresh air, you do have to keep the air conditioning running through the night to drown out the loud sounds of roosters right next door. For some reason, this inn has a mosquito problem. We did not encounter many mosquitoes on the island in general, particularly with the wonderful breezes, but for some reason they have found a home at the Esperanza Inn. The nice thing about the inn is you have the feeling of really living on the island, with residents next door, and a charming local-run bakery down the block (with delicious pastries). The downside is the neighbor next door has a rather depressing property that is basically a junkyard, with poorly kept animals living there. Overall, I give this inn a very good rating, but it depends on what you want. It's a great location, in terms of the town, and wonderfully maintained, with such incredibly nice innkeepers full of helpful advice. If you want to feel you are living right in town, it would be great for you. If you want a bit more comforts, a water view, and perhaps to feel you are somewhere quieter, it may not be the inn for you.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family