Casa de Tortuga(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
$120
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$201
Trade Winds Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)
$100
  • Beachfront
SeaGate Hotel(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
$81
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
$153
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
Tropical Guest House(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
Esperanza Inn(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
W Vieques Island(Isla de Vieques)
HotelQuickly
Acacia Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmangoprivate beachblack sand beachocean breezecoffee makerpiece of heavencaribbean seaour favorite placeshort drivecome homesecret beachwatching the sunsetbio bay tourmaryvictorsgazebocasita
New York City, NY
Reviewed July 29, 2005

My boyfriend and I had the most amazing time in Vieques thanks to Mary and Hector. They rented our car for us and even picked us up at the ferry! The pictures they have of the haciendas and property don't even do this place justice! Just because it is inexpensive don't think you are not getting a luxe enviroment. We can't tell you how amazing waking up to the ocean with wild horses and cows right outside our windows! Hector and Mary even picked us mangos from their tree! The accomodations are so beautiful, just what an Island getaway should be.

• Stayed: July 2005
22  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
suffolk, NY
Reviewed July 11, 2005

My husband and I loved staying at Hector's by the Sea! It was the perfect place to find beauty, peace, and comfort. It was wonderful waking up in the morning listening to and seeing the ocean. Though there are many beaches to go to, I enjoyed simply staying on the property. I would read in the hammock while enjoying the sounds of the waves. Or sit in the chairs under the mango trees looking at the fluffy white clouds or at the majestic horses. When I want to do something more active, I went swimming in the cystal blue swimming pool, relaxed at the jacuzzi, or took a walk to the beach right at the property. It is just so peaceful and beautiful!!!

I really appreciated (next to the serene atmosphere) the amazing amentities that were offered. Our hosts, Mary and Hector, offered to us coolers and beach chairs for the beach, which are very convenient! On top of that, there was a small fridge, microwave, cups, plates, utensils, and coffeepot in the room. I really enjoyed the free coffee! I especially loved the comfortable sheets- which had to be over 400 thread count! These are all very small things that overall made a big difference in how comfortable our stay was. Mary and Hector's refined taste in the decor and having the guestroom very very clean made it all the more easier for us to enjoy our stay.

Mary and Hector are personable hosts and able to answer all our questions! I enjoyed sitting down in the gazebo and having lively discussions. They were also able to answer all our questions and help us.
I highly recommend Hector's by the Sea!!! I don't think I can describe the brillance of this place in its entirety, as it is best experienced!

• Stayed: July 2005
27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Montclair, NJ
Reviewed July 2, 2005

We arrived in Vieques to Hector's by the Sea stressed and somewhat disabled with a bad back for a much needed vacation. The usual bedrest was not an option in such a fabulous panoramic setting: A couple of acres overlooking the ocean where 3 horses graze, multiple bird species fly about and nest on the mango trees while geicos scurry about about. The clear blue sky compliments the clarity of the sea. On the right the adjoining farm has beef cattle, bulls and horses living in harmony with the egrets and the occasional bright green iguana. (If you're lucky, Frankie, the parrot will talk for you).
The far off hills contribute to the peaceful setting and frame the sunset. It is no wonder the Matos decided to share this wonderful mellow place by building a complex of three separate guest rooms, a moderate swimming pool and a gazebo for the Jacuzzi. All of which became medicinal for my back therapy.
We stayed in one of two spacious and ultra clean rooms close to the sea with big bathroom and kitchenette. The queen size beds were excellent as was the air-conditioner (although in April we only used it during the night storm). It wasn't buggy. We were lucky to enjoy a full moon and were outdoors into the night.
We loved and enjoyed the bays and beaches for swimming and fishing. Although there are not many boats for water activities, the trade off was no engine noises or pollution. We danced with the locals on Sunday at Nasa's enjoying the many rum drinks and Medalla beer. The food at Chez Shack was superb. Hector & Mary are perfect hosts. They are knowledgable and extremely helpful without being intrusive. We witnessed extreme acts of kindness beyond the call of innkeepers. So follow Hector's motto "Don't worry about it", relax and enjoy. A longer return trip with family or friends will definetely be planned!
Advice: Rent an SUV, bring water shoes and sun block!

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 27, 2005

We just got back from our honeymoon on Vieques. We stayed at Hector's By the Sea and it was wonderful. Such an idyllic and peaceful location. The views and swimming were great. I didn't want to leave. Very close to Esperanza for dinners (we ate at Bananas and Bili - both excellent), biolumiscent tours, and beautiful beaches (we loved Blue Beach, Red Beach, and Navio). Hector was really helpful in telling us were to go and arranging transport for us. Even gave us mangos off his tree and a welcome cocktail. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2005
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 20, 2005

A perfect setting, great accomodations, and wonderful hosts. Hector and Mary make you feel right at home. There is a reason they have such great ratings! An absolutely perfect way to start our vacation in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: May 2005