“Everything We Were Looking For”
other traveler has booked this property

Review of Casa Tucepi

Outdoor Dining Area
Kitchen
Living Room
View from Casa Tucepi
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
aslang3
Nashville, Tennessee
“Everything We Were Looking For”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Renting Casa Tucepi was my first personal experience with renting a home and Casa Tucepi was so wonderful that we said nearly every day that we felt like we had the best house on the island! Just a couple notes, we were a group of six all ages 25-30 and had the best week on the island!

We flew into the airport on a Saturday and our car rental company picked us up and the house manager Linda met us at Maritza's to take us to the home. By this time the sun had already set so we really weren't able to get a great view of our surroundings. Linda had every light and fan going in the home and seeing that when we first walked up was so pretty! Sunday morning when we opened the big wooden doors that overlooked the pool up I was truly almost knocked off my feet! What a view! This house sits atop of the main town in Vieques and it overlooks everything! You have ocean views and town views.

Some other things that we loved about renting Casa Tucepi was just how there was everything we could have hoped for. We had a big cooler we could take to the beach every day, beach towels AND plenty of towels in each of the three bathrooms. We had beach chairs and an umbrella to take. There was even a boogie board that we took every day and used as a rest when snorkeling far off the beach. In the home, the washer and dryers were life savers, hair dryers, extra blankets, toasters, there was everything!

On a side note, the house felt very safe with the electric gate that we shut behind us every time being that some of the houses around are "interesting". We saw a giant lizard in the trees around the house, huge butterflies (maybe moths?), and so many little lizards!

While some people prefer to stay in Esparanza because it is more of the "touristy" side of town we LOVED being in Isabel. You felt very authentic and got to see the real island life. We also never had a problem going out to the other side of the town at night for dinner and drink and coming back home. We also walked several times at night from the bar Mar Azul to our home... granted in a big group but it was so fun!

If we come back to Vieques there is NO question that we will rent from the Notman's again!

Thanks :)

Liked best: The views were SO beautiful
Liked least: no air conditioning in the two back bedrooms
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Celeste87...
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Breathtaking Views!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Casa Tucepi is a one of a kind property. I am sitting on the deck writing this review and listening to the ocean. The views from the decks are simply spectacular. We are here celebrating our anniversary and we wanted a quiet and private place to relax with a pool. This more than met our requirement! We have dined on the deck each night as we watched the sun setting and listened to the ocean breeze. The pictures of the place are exact and the house is well equipped with good quality cooking facilities. Lots of interesting art work and neat furniture.

We went into town yesterday after we could see the fisherman returning and got some beautiful fresh lobster that we had for lunch. Worth the effort! The town is quaint and while some might think it is a walk into town, the way back is all up hill and in this heat we only did this once.

This is a great place and I would definitely consider returning!

Liked best: Beautiful views
Liked least: It was all great!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
OH
Reviewed November 27, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
norajoh
dallas
“Beautiful home, great location, and beautiful island/beaches”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

We absolutely fell in love with this island home and wished we could have stayed longer or just moved in!! It was so easy to live in and so beautiful. The gardens are just lovely and were so nice to have around us. I loved the colors in the home---coral, turquoise, and sea glass. The art work and decor were so pleasant and enjoyable to look at and be around. I felt so lucky to have found this vacation home. Thank you again for sharing it with us, Bill. I felt like a Queen, except when I was cooking! ha ha Even then, the views from the kitchen were fantastic!

My favorite thing to do everyday was to awaken with the sunrise and open up the house. What fabulous doors and the view! It took my breath away! BEST THING: I so enjoyed having the sweet fragrance of the plumeria by the front door waft through the house and out to the back terrace, where I was enjoying my coffee. What a treat every morning! Then, I enjoyed watching the sea wake up with life and watch the ever changing colors of the sea as the morning progressed. What joy in God's good works!

The beaches of Vieques are beautiful and we so enjoyed them. (Except for the fishing boat that anchored off of Green Beach less than 25 ft from where we were camped. They threw out their fishing lines and we had to pack up and leave---that was a bummer! I thought that was particularly rude, too). Oh, we found some fantastic places to collect beach glass. AMAZING finds and worth each mosquito bite I got!

We were especially appreciative of the terrace off of the master suite when we couldn't do our sunset happy hour on any of the back terraces due to the especially strong winds one night. Ernesto was close by, I think.

We loved eating at El Patio, MamaSongas,Tradewinds, and Casa Tucepi (our fav!!). We really appreciated being able to get wonderful provisions at Buen Provencho--they've moved and are closer to the house, now. Thank you for that great tip. My husband learned how to cut up a mango and a pineapple on this trip! We found everything we needed, food/drink, easily in town. That was nice! I liked how close we were to town, too.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Maryland
Reviewed June 24, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing