“best views on the island”
Welcome!
Cima del Mundo Vacation Suites The 19 stairs that lead to our private entrance pass right by the pool.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Cima del Mundo Vacation Suites
The 19 stairs that lead to our private entrance pass right by the pool.
Welcome to the Del Mar Suite landing. The laundry room is just off to the left.
After approaching the welcoming entrance, we turned around-shower, grill, places to hang our gear!
Once inside: I can't believe the size of this suite!
This great room will accommodate all 6 of us, comfortably with large TV, BOSE bluetooth speaker!
Dining area looking out toward terrace. 6 fit comfortably.
Sunset on the terrace overlooking the vast sea! What a great way to relax after our busy day.
Another view of the big island from our terrace.
I love how the artfully lit kitchen is fully equipped. Look at all that counter space!
First bedroom with all the comforts of home.
I will be comfortably slewing here on these high thread count sheets!
Inside the mirrored closet are our thirsty, large beach towels.
yay! Two reading lamps and a bureau.
Second bedroom with 2 twin beds. Cozy and colorful.
We call this the Premier bedroom.
What a fabulous panorama outside my bedroom window!
Ceiling fan and air conditioning - Whatever I'm in the mood for.
Quiet reading nook.
Mmmm, comfy! Great mattress and high thread count sheets.
Luggage racks!  They've thought of everything!
Bright, clean bathroom. I see the artwork is an original watercolor from a Viequense artist.
Delicious and what a view!
I'm sure we'll enjoy the shade - eventually.
Sparkling!
Tucker, the wonder dog! Our sato 'jungle dog' who adopted us and a safe, happy home.
A romantic evening spot.
Part of the horse family who likes to dine in our yard.
Is that an alligator I see from the balcony of the Del Mar Suite?
Que magnifico! Quick morning shower brings beautiful rainbows.
Bastimento Beach-3 minutes down the hill (looking east).
Bastimento Beach-preparing for sunset (looking west)
Swimming with the horses at Bastimento Beach (looking east).
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Victoria...
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“best views on the island”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

you can see both sides of the island from this mountaintop paradise along with all the neighboring islands, st thomas,culebra,the main island of puerto rico. the suites are FULLLLLY stocked you dont need to bring anything except food. there are 2 supermarkets on the island to stock the fridge with food. ceiling fans thruout along with a/c and the constant breezes are such a welcome! out on the balconies you can view the wild horses grazing below and just sit and listen to birds, frogs etc. what a wonderful slice of heaven this place is! we are already planning our return visit. and the hosts are just the most accomodating, friendly wonderful people. i cant say enough nice things about them and their absolutely gorgeous guest house.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location and our hosts
Liked least: everything was purrrrfect
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jul 17, 2013
Dear Vicky,
Thank you for allowing us to host your vacation! We're so happy you enjoyed "Cima" and the fabulous views.
We take great care in providing the necessary items to get a good start to one's vacation. You're right, it is so easy to re-stock as not only does our little island have the 2 supermarkets but every barrio has its own colmado(neighborhood convenience store).
Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
Your suite is awaiting your return!
NY
Reviewed July 15, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Rugged travelers
Jul 15, 2013
Dear Christy,
Don't unpack - just come back! :) We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at "Cima" and actually "live" the island. Vieques is truly a multifaceted gem; sparkling with friendliness, beauty and adventure.
Thank you for your wonderful review. Muy amable! Dennis and I look forward to your return!
Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Jun 24, 2013
Dear Martin,

You hit the nail right on the head. Vieques IS about the beauty of the people and the beaches. Our Viequense neighbors are so welcoming to our visitors and each beach (of which, we have over 20!) is different from another.
We're so happy you found Cima del Mundo because we enjoyed meeting you and hearing about your adventures. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your stay! We look forward to meeting the rest of your family and helping you to find even more beaches!
higwenn
Boston
“PERFECT!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Yes, yes, and yes to what everyone has written before us!! We stayed here in late March, but our vacation abruptly ended due to a medical emergency back home. We needed to fly home immediately. Deborah and Dennis could not have been kinder, more sympathetic, or generous. We even received follow-up emails and they sent their condolences. My faith in humanity was brightened because of them. Seriously. They enjoy a good sense of humor too...so share yours with them! :)

Cima Del Mundo: Bright, airy, uncluttered, immaculate, romantic and perfectly appointed...just what you are wishing for on vacation. The island: Great unoccupied beaches, cute bars and restaurants, completely casual with horses roaming free on the roads! Visit before it becomes gentrified.

We can't wait to return to Cima Del Mundo and finish our vacation!

Gwenn and Roger
Marblehead, MA

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Jun 5, 2013
Dear G and R,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at "Cima" and on our beautiful island. "Informal" is a wonderful way to describe it!

It is meeting people like you, who become part of our extended family, that is so rewarding for us. Thank you for taking us into your confidence, making us feel like a part of *your* family.

We hope you will be able to return to La Isla Neña and continue to enjoy the fun and beauty of our island.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy days to write this review. We appreciate your efforts and your compliments.

The very best to you,
EmilyW756
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful view, beautiful home, cannot recommend enough! I will go back.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

First of all, if you're looking for a place to stay on Vieques - look no further. Cima del Mundo is perfect.

Stayed here for 3 days in late May 2013 with a group of 6 and it was one of the highlights of our Puerto Rico trip. The pictures do not do the place justice and Debbie and Dennis were wonderful hosts. Some highlights:

The view: The 3 bedroom suite has a large balcony overlooking the ocean. We enjoyed leisurely breakfasts while watching a rainbow, and listened to the birds and coqui at night while grilling out or enjoying local rum.

The kitchen: They've thought of everything. From wine openers and can openers, to Tupperware and Ziploc bags, this kitchen is beautifully stocked with high quality items. I loved having knives that actually cut, a choice of cutting boards, pans, bowls, wine glasses, etc. There was a blender, coffee maker, toaster as well as spices and oils. I'd be happy with this kitchen in my own house and was THRILLED to have so many options available in a rental property.

The beds: The 3-bedroom suite we stayed in had 2 queen beds and 2 twin beds. The beds were of great quality, the linens were soft, and the rooms were very calming. The master room has a breathtaking view, and all three rooms have fans, lights and AC units. We didn't need the AC because the breezes were so nice, but it was nice that it was available. There was extra bedding and pillows available in the closets as well.

The bathroom: Nice high shower, more towels than we needed. Debbie and Dennis also provided huge beach towels.

Other amenities: There was a huge washer and dryer, a gas grill and a room full of beach toys, chairs and an umbrella. There is also a small TV with satellite TV. We kept that off except for some satellite radio music, but this may be important to some. The wifi worked well. We also had an alarm system which gave us a piece of mind, even though our group felt safe in Vieques.

The hosts: I cannot say enough about these two. We were a group of 6, all mid to late-20s/early 30s. One member of our group stepped on a sea urchin (or 12) and got over 100 spines stuck in her foot. Debbie played mom - pulling out towels to apply a poultice of epson salt, and providing buckets full of white vinegar for her to soak her foot in. Dennis tracked down a pair of crutches for her to use for the remainder of our trip when the pharmacy was closed for a holiday weekend. They picked us up from the ferry station, took us to our rental car and Debbie was super responsive via text and email when we were planning the trip.

I will be recommending this vacation home to my parents and to my friends.

Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
May 27, 2013
Dear Emily,
Dennis and I so enjoyed having been given the opportunity to host your group's stay on our Isla Nena. You and your friends are the epitome of great guests!
I must say the "Sea Urchin Caper" was quite an adventure. "C" was a brave woman and quite a trooper during it all! Having never tangled with a sea urchin before, I received quite an education on how treacherous they are. Among the many things I learned about them is to suggest our guests wear water shoes when participating in water sports near rocks and coral.
I hope our paths cross again, in the future. The next visit's lesson will be on "Fire Coral". :)
All the best to you and yours,
New york
Reviewed March 23, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway
Mar 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It was our privilege to host you and P. and look forward to your return!
The view this morning includes boats! Sailboats, yachts and fishing boats! Beautiful!
VT
Reviewed March 7, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
Mar 7, 2013
Dear C and L, Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed hosting you! I am so happy you enjoyed your return trip to Vieques. Amazing, isn't it, that as busy as you were, there's still more to see and do! We're looking forward to your return and continuing our new friendship. And...you did a great job with your tans! May you remember Vieques every time you look in the mirror.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing