“The best homemade Puerto Rican food on the island”
Review of La Gran Parada - CLOSED

La Gran Parada
Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“The best homemade Puerto Rican food on the island”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I felt like I was eating this food from someone's grandmother's kitchen. It was made fresh and made with love! A lot of locals eat here so you KNOW its the good stuff. A friend and I ate here 3 times during the course of our stay in Vieques. The price was great. About $25 for lunch for the both of us including 2 entrees and beers. I suggest this place to anyone who visits Vieques.

The mofongo was delicious! I suggest the seafood mofongo, it will not disappoint. The seafood gumbo was also excellent. The restaurant is on the corner of 200 and 201, you can't miss it!

This place was suggested to us by a man who lived and grew up on the Island.

1 Thank Krys B

Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
“Glad we stopped”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had driven by this restaurant many times and had noticed that it always seemed to do a good business. We made a concerted effort to give it a try. It was not very crowded the night we went, and in fact, was dead. We sat at the bar. Met some friendly people. My husband had the pasta with Alfredo sauce and chicken and I had the coconut grouper. Both were delicious. It is reasonably priced, though a bit more than other spots with this same type of atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MujerDelMar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and service were great!!!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

One of my favorites every time I go to Vieques! The food is just great...seafood fresh!! And the atmosphere is joyfull and welcoming! Great service! Highly recomend it!

1 Thank Julmarie1088
“Good introduction to Puerto Rican food”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place has little atmosphere but it is family owned and the food is very good. If you want an authentic meal and friendly service, make this one of your stops.

1 Thank Bookworms2010
Vieques, PR, United States
“Great local food - open and airy atomsphere”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Would very much recommend La Gran Parada. Local cuisine and good. Try the Mofongo (I know I know - everyone says theirs is the best), but La Gran Parada's is. A family environment that won't break the bank.

2 Thank Joyce M