“Excellent regard for the horses”

Esperanza Riding Company
Ranked #8 of 42 Tours in Isla de Vieques
More attraction details
Owner description: Get off the beaten path and experience Vieques the way locals do; from the back of a smooth-gaited Paso horse! Everyone will tell you, there is no better way to explore the wilder side of our island. Our guided two-hour ride takes you through the hills, open meadows, woods, river bottoms and beaches of the Esperanza area. You'll even get to try out the paso (a smoother version of the trot)! We offer rides at 8:00 am and 4:00 pm; to avoid mid-day heat. The cost is $80 per person (group ride), cash only. Private tours and kid-friendly rides also available. Reservations are required and don't forget your camera!Please refer to our website for more information.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent regard for the horses”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a veterinarian I appreciated the regard and care given to the horses (not always a given) . My husband who is a novice rider was well placed on a lovely gentle beginners horse which was a good match. Not all of the ride wasmajest

Visited September 2012
1 Thank C M

Carthage, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic ride!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our famly group included some experienced riders and some novices. The horses were wonderful, gentle but with plenty of spunk. This is an "active" ride, not just nose-to-tail walking. We cantered and did the special "Paso" gait the horses are known for. The trip took us through the jungle, down the beach, across fields and through parts of town including the main tourist strip of Esperanza. It was a wonderful experience and a highlight of our visit to see the island from this perspective. My 7-year old niece did the pony ride, which was on her own horse but tethered to another rider. She was thrilled with the experience as well. I highly recommend Esperanza Riding Company and hope to take another ride with them someday!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank mexicojo
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Took my very experienced rider daughter for a ride. They took her with like experienced riders and had another group of new riders. Thus, my daughter did not have a boring experience at all. Do make a reservation as they get booked up in tourist season

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Ann B
Cambridge, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Must Do”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

a MUST do when you are here. Great staff and amazing horses. The ride is an hour through the city, through the beaches and hills.

Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Get a glimpse of Vieques that you wouldn't otherwise see”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband an I did took this tour in the morning, when it was cooler in the day. Darcy did a good job choosing appropriate horses for each riders' size and experience level. The tour was safe and well-planned, showcasing the beaches and the jungle of Vieques. I particularly enjoyed when we got to gallop. This was a thrill for me, as I had never ridden a horse before. I think that at $70/pp, it's a great value. I would highly recommend booking a few days in advance, as tours book-up, even in low-season.

Visited August 2012