“Two weeks at Los Cocos!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Christoph...
Burlington, Vermont
“Two weeks at Los Cocos!”
Reviewed January 22, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

Los Cocos is a comfortable Caribbean retreat--it's tastefully decorated and for the most part had everything our party of two couples needed for the two weeks we were on Vieques. We did leave a portable hibachi grill, a simple butcher knife, and a larger cooler for others to enjoy. One of our favorite features, in addition to being right on the beach, was the garden shower! You can’t beat the hammocks, either, especially when brought to Sun Bay…ahhhhh, so relaxing! At night we were appreciative of the mosquito nets.

Los Cocos is on La Chata Beach--a beach sometimes good for surfing when the waves are good enough but you really don't see too many people using this beach for anything but walking since it's a little rocky. Also, falling asleep to the waves crashing at night was simply magical for those of us that sleep well and are stimulated by these sounds. The neighborhood of Bravos de Boston is quiet and consists of mostly ex-pats and vacation homes. I think it took us a convenient 5 minutes by car / 20 minutes by foot from Isabel II and 35 minutes by car to Esperanza.

One of the other excellent “features” of the villa was D’Arla who is the caretaker that lives nearby. She greeted us at the airport and took us through town during which time she provided us with some excellent restaurant recommendations and other extremely helpful pointers. It was nice having D’Arla available for the random question...and she makes a mean banana bread using the banana’s grown in her yard! :-) Jeff & Jennifer, the owners of Los Cocos, were also wonderfully hospitable and informative while we planned our visit.

We’ve recommended Los Cocos to another couple thinking about visiting the island and will definitely recommend staying here to others.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being on the beach, the garden shower, and the hammocks.
Liked least: Mosquitos...but that was manageable.
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jan 21, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure to work with you. Vieques isn't for everyone but those who like it.... LOVE IT! Thanks for the great review, it gives an accurate picture of the area and it means more to hear it from a guest than from me. D'Arla is a gem, and is always glad to help which can make the difference when visiting the island for the first time.

It was really kind of you to leave those items for future guests - one of the biggest challenges has been getting the house furnished and stocked, thanks for your generosity and thanks for choosing Los Cocos - we hope to see you again!
New Hampshire

Reviewed November 28, 2011 for a stay in November 2011

PA
Reviewed November 20, 2011 for a stay in November 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing