“Best Breakfast on the island” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carambola Restaurant

Carambola Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: If you have ever enjoyed the rich variety of the Caribbean flavors you will surely find yourself in culinary heaven. Exquisite dining in tropical tranquility in front of the ocean. Our Executive Chef Xandra delights herself in providing you with a colorful and flavorful palate of exquisite dishes infused with that wonderful tropical flair that will challenge you to stay away from the kitchen. We have breakfast, lunch and dinner! Carambola, also known as Star Fruit, was created to provide exceptional cuisine to both guest and patrons alike. The restaurant is located at The Blue Horizon Boutique Resort which is set on 54 acres of over front property. The location of the resort offers a true Caribbean atmosphere which is complemented by our new age cuisine.
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
“Best Breakfast on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I vacationed in Vieques for over a week(beautiful island). On my first day me and my friends ate breakfast at Carambola and I was blown away by how tasty everything was. I ordered a delicious omelette, one friend had french toast which was fresh and tasty(I took a few bites), and my other friend ordered eggs with pork chops. Pork chops for breakfast! Never occured to me how amazing that combo is and the presentation of the food was lovely. I went to a few other places for breakfast on the island, nothing came close in terms of taste and the beautiful views the Carambola provides are breathtaking. Needless to say we were back at the Carambola on our fourth day to enjoy their brunch and the food did not disappoint :)

2 Thank DKNJ78

Flushing, Michigan
“Pool side”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed at the Blue Horizon for a few night on my recent trip to Puerto Rico with friends. The restaurant at the hotel was great, had all three meals there. Breakfast was great, Adam the manager, had the kitchen pack us an awesome lunch spread togo, then when we got back he served us pool side apps. I was in heaven. This place is a hidden gem with the best location on the island. I miss the banana pancakes already.

1 Thank Flushing K
Santa Barbara, California
“Good food, nice twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Food and service were both good, much better than the other restaurants located in Esperanza. Good twist on the local food. Upscale casual dinner, best experience on the island.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SBSpear
Brooklyn, New York
“Delicious food right by the sea.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

We spent a birthday celebration dinner here. The drinks were tasty, and the tamarind churrasco I had was amazing. It really spoiled my steak eating for the next few weeks. The atmosphere is very cool and relaxing, with the ocean a lot closer than you realize, so you get a nice breeze.

1 Thank Racandee
“Company meeting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

From the minute we stepped into the restaurant is was a great experience. We meet with Ivy who was very pleasant and showed us to table. Yamil was our server for the night. Yamil was great and even made his own special Rum punch drink for us. They were yummy!!! Our dinner was great the seafood mofongo was to die for. Very quiet and enjoyable dinner. Thank you to everyone for such a great evening.

• Visited April 2012