“Fantastic Trip”

Little Boat Sailing
Ranked #5 of 42 Tours in Isla de Vieques
More attraction details
Owner description: Little Boat Sailing offers daysail adventures on Hobie catamarans. Explore Vieques' bays and pristine beaches on our fast and exiting boats and snorkel colorful coral reefs. Children love to sail with us. They can sit on the trampoline and get splashed as we sail along. We strive to please, so we can make your trip as adventurous (adrenaline filled) or relaxing as you would like. Enjoy the ride!
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went out with Jorge from Little Boat Sailing and it was the highlight of our trip to Vieques. We had never been sailing before, so just going out on and learning about the Hobie Cat was terrific fun. We went out to a reef and went snorkeling - best snorkeling we did in Vieques. the reef was great, lots of different types of coral and some really cool fish - the spotted eagle ray was a highlight. It was nice to see the island from a different perspective, and he took us over to check out the entrance to some mangrove channels. He offered to tailor the rest of the sail to our interests, and we could have gone on to a secluded beach or gone snorkeling in another spot as well.

Jorge is friendly, professional, knowledgeable and open - he made the whole trip a pleasure from booking to the end and hid it well if he got tired of our pestering him with questions. We really appreciated his approach, and wish we had done this on our first day - he had lots of suggestions for places to explore in the area. Go do it - you'll love this!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife, 3 boys (16, 14 and 11) and I had a fantastic time sailing with Jorge. Jorge is great and really goes out of his way to meet your needs. The snorkeling was amazing. We had previously snorkeled at Secret Beach and Cork Beach but neither of those compared to the reef that Jorge took us to. I have snorkeled in Hawaii and Panama and the reef Jorge took us to was almost on par with those. The large sea fans were amazing and the variety of fish was spectacular. We decided to sail to the mangroves for the second half of our trip (some people go to a beach for the second part) but I wish we had stayed at the reef and done more snorkeling. This is the perfect day trip for a family and the boat was plenty big enough for the 5 people in my family. Other than the BioBay, this sailing trip is probably the number 1 must-do on Vieques.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I went on the Hobie Cat after reading reviews from trip advisor. I am so glad to have found this outing!!! We had an incredible time. We snorkeled Lemon Reef and it was the best snorkle I have ever been on. We then sailed to a beach. The beach was great, but if I had it to do over again I would have just snorkeled the entire time. It was unbelievable. Enormous brain coral and fan coral. Tons of different species of fish. I was afraid I was going to be afraid on the cat, but it felt so stable I was never nervous (to my husband's surprise!). While sailing we even saw a flying squid and a large spotted eagle ray. It was an amazing day that I won't forget. If I ever get to go back to Vieques I'll definetly do it again!!!! Thanks Jorge!!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Jorge was recommended to us by Marsha and Robin at the Malecon House and we had a fantastic time. With kids age 9 and 12 that are excellent swimmers we were still a little skeptic about the excursion but had an absolutely amazing time. The Hobie Cat was perfect, the snorkeling was great, and he made everything go perfectly for the kids - giving sailing lessons, snacks, keeping them engaged with stories during the sailing, and pointing out all of the sea life. This is a MUST DO event whether with your kids or on a honeymoon. If you're worried about fitting it in during your stay you should stay an extra day just for time with Jorge at Little Boat Sailing. This is a terrific value for such a personalized experience and you're going to have a great time.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Jorge is a very knowledgeable sailor, and makes every effort to ensure the trip meets everyones' desires and expectations. There isn't much more to add that hasn't been added by others, so I will just say that this trip offered an incredibly unique vantage point of Vieques and it was special having the Hobie just for the four of us (and Jorge, of course!). Make sure to take extra time (either before or after) to savor Playa La Plata, where you'll meet up for the excursion. Bliss!