“One of the Highlights of Our Trip to PR”

Vieques Paddleboarding
Ranked #5 of 41 Tours in Isla de Vieques
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Vieques Paddleboarding offers guided ecotours using paddleboards. Standing up provides a great angle to see ocean life while paddling plus getting a nice workout. Age or experience not a limiting factor, be up and paddling in a short time. Take a downwind tour to paddle the gorgeous coastline comfortably or paddle in a beautiful protected bay. Stand up paddleboarding is one of the fastest growing sports worldwide. Paddle with us to discover why!
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The paddleboarding excursion on Vieques was the best thing we did in Vieques. We were on our honeymoon, and we decided to do this the first morning in PR. What a great experience! My wife, who can't swin very well, proceeded at her own pace, and even stood up for a while! We paddleboarded around the bay right next to Mosquito Bay, and wound up on a small, secluded beach. Whereupon, my wife stayed on the beach and sunned herself while I went snorkeling with our guide, Jorge. The other couple we were with pretty much did their own thing, which gave me the opportunity to swim around the small reef while he pointed out all the wildlife there was. I had never been snorkeling before. It was like swimming in an aquarium! It was great! I brought back a Conch shell for my wife so she wouldn't be too dissapointed, but she was as thrilled with the experience as I was! Definitely do this when you are in Vieques! The biobay is missable. This isn't!

All reviews
"secluded beach"
in 12 reviews
"great trip"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"great guide"
in 8 reviews
"snorkeling adventure"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went paddleboarding with a buddy and our guide, Rega. Rega was a native who had been completely involved in the history of Vieques, so he had great stories and knowledge not only of the wildlife and the island, but of how the people of vieques interact (what they eat, where they go, how they clean the ocean) with their surroundings. He was a skilled paddleboarder and a great teacher, also, tremendous swimmer/snorkeler who would dive down to find marine species to point out to us. Awesome adventure that you should not miss--but wear plenty of suncreen, the sun there is unforgiving...

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our family of 7 adults just returned from a great holiday in Vieques. The highlight of our trip was paddle boarding through the mangroves with Vieques paddleboarding. From start to finish we had a great time. They were very professional and friendly. We were given the usual safety talk and then a quick lesson on how to paddle board. None in our party has ever paddleboarded before, but it was surprisingly easy.
The tour took us through the mangroves, so peaceful, and out into a beautiful beach where we stopped for a snack, provided of course! Then we were taken on a fabulous snorkel trip through a beautiful coral reef where the guides explained what we were seeing. It was a great dive.
This is one excursion you should plan on when in Vieques. Our guides were local and very passionate about the preservation of the Island ecosystems.
Thanks for a great trip! We would do this again.
Laurie, Ontario

1  Thank Viequesgardenhouse
Reviewed September 17, 2012

After three days of exploring the amazing beaches of Vieques, my husband and I wanted to be more active and explore the waters independently. We checked out the Vieques Paddleboarding website and knew we had to do it. What a great website. We met our tour guide, Rega, at the beach boat launch and away we went. Neither of us had ever paddleboarded but Rega was great at getting us on the board, on our knees and then standing! That would have been great by itself but he then had us practice in the lagoon of Puerto Ferro and taught us all about the ecosystem of the lagoon, showing us mangrove waterways, baby manta rays and giant starfish. We paddled closer to the ocean to a small beach where he laid out a snack of dried mango and brought out the snorkeling equipment. We saw beautiful schools of fish, lobsters, eel and small barracuda right off the beach. My husband pressed for us to paddle out to sea where we fell off because we were new but had so much fun. The three hour experience was amazingly unique, full of activity and learning. It would be a mistake to pass this up.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed 3 nights in Vieques. We did the paddle boarding and biobay tours. Both are great in their own ways. We think the bio-bay is a must see because of the uniqueness but we enjoyed the paddle boarding tour more. It was the perfect length(3 hrs). We had never paddleboarded but it was pretty easy to pick up even though my girlfriend did fall in the water once (she said she fell because she wasn't paying attention). The tour guide said an 80 year old lady went and did well. The snorkeling was great. We saw a puffer fish and others on the tour saw a ray. There was dry fruit provided which was nice. I highly recommend this tour. Also would use the taxi service they provide in an email.