“Paradise Edge Experience Second to None”
Review of miX On The Beach - CLOSED

miX On The Beach
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2011

What a great thing "chance" is. My partner and I ran into two "W" employees at a restaurant in Esperanza, and one of them mentioned "the Paradise Edge" experience. "Experience" doesn't come close to describing it. My partner and I had a table on the lawn on a promontory overlooking the sea at sunset. We had our own server (ask for Greg - who was super). The menu consisted of a number of courses (in our case there were five plus) and wine pairings (note that the price below includes this). As the sun went down the sky lit up with great colors which gradually diminished to darkness but (since the moon was new) millions of stars that seemed so close we could touch them. I realize this sounds like a cliche but in this case it was true. I won't describe the food (because I'm sure the menu by Alain Ducasse changes daily) except to say that everything was beyond delicious. The service by Greg was excellent - friendly, unrushed and knowledgeable - he's the perfect W employee. The entire experience was incomparable - our own peninsula, our own server, great food, sea breezes, a great sunset. If you have a major event in your life (anniversary, birthday, etc.) and you happen to be on Vieques, don't pass this opportunity up. But since there are only 365 days a year, my bet is that this relatively new event is going to start getting booked up well in advance. The person who assisted us to make our reservation was Cesar Castrejon whose email is Cesar.Castrejon@whotels.com. I don't know his phone number but I'm sure if you call the W hotel and ask for him, you'll be connected. Don't miss this experience - you will NEVER forget it.

1  Thank StefanoSantaFe

Reviewed January 12, 2011

My husband and I were here for their New Years Eve promotion- it was way over priced and the food was terrible. It was $125 per person for a 5 course meal that was terrible- we both ordered our filet mignon medium rare and one came out medium and the other was raw. Needles to say after spending $250 on dinner we left hungry and disappointed. I have never had a lobster or steak so terrible that I could not finish it. It also took forever to get our food- we were there for at least an hour and a half. The only thing that made the experience somewhat tolerable was the staff- the wait staff was very friendly and apologetic and tried their best to fix what they could but really there is not alot you can to about a bad chef in the back.

1  Thank SunshineCritic
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Just dined at Mix this evening. The shrimp cocktail was outstanding and featured a truly ingenious twist being served over a sweet and spicy salsa and creamy salad base. The paella for two was exceptional. Large portions of shrimp and tender lobster perfectly balanced with a savory rice. They key lime pie was a creative spin on an old favorite. A small tart sized portion bursting with flavor served in a sweet and crispy meringue. The atmosphere? Difficult to argue with top notch service, cool breezes and an azure ocean view while the Eastern seaboard battles record snowfall.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

The hotel looks amazing, but I would expect the same with the food, the restaurant totally sucks, I ordered my rib eye medium and i got a chewy well done, one of my friends ordered a medium rare ribeye he got a medium well. My wife´s halibut had no taste, and the pepper searing was mediocre. Then it came the dessert, i got a creme brulee....it was cold, right from the fridge!.....so if you want to go to vieques and spend the weekend at the W make sure you rent a jeep so you can go to Duffy´s pub and Lazy Jack´s so you can eat good food at regular price. If I´m paying 40dls for a ribeye and about 10dls for a creme brulee IT SHOULD BE GOOD.

1  Thank Pirillo10