“Wonderful home & overall experience”
other travelers have booked this property
Balcony Sunsets Fully equipped kitchen
Friendly Neighbors!
Ocean Views
Beautiful Balcony Views
Backyard Banana Bunch!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SaraPowel...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful home & overall experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My husband & I greatly enjoyed our recent 4-night stay at Casa Dos Chivos. This was our first time to Puerto Rico/Vieques, and we hope to return.

Patrick & Michael were quick to respond & easy to work with via email, property manager Renee & her husband, Nenad, were very nice & helpful, and the home was lovely & just as advertised. I really appreciated the binder of helpful Vieques information they provided.

I'm trying to think of anything negative to say about our experience at the property, and all I can come up with is I wish they had a hammock outside. But, there's so much to see & do on Vieques, I'm not sure I would have used it any way!

I haven't received my security deposit back yet, but they let me know a few days after checking out that it is on its way. It's only been a few days since I got their message (including the July 4th holiday just happened), so I'm not worried about it & am sure it will show up shortly.

Overall, I highly recommend Casa Dos Chivos. Thank you Patrick, Michael, Renee, & Nenad for a lovely time in Vieques.

A couple tips:
- Don't leave the top off/windows down on your Jeep overnight or you may find a neighborhood cat in there the next morning!
- As of the end of June 2014, Playa de la Chiva (Blue Beach) is closed for 3-6 more months.
- Watch out for bees at Pata Prieta (Secret Beach)
- Go snorkeling off of Mosquito Pier - there's so much to see!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jul 21, 2014
Thank you for the great review - we really appreciate the feedback. We did put the security deposit refund check in the mail within days of your departure and were therefore surprised to learn you hadn't received it over a week later. We quickly stopped that check and issued the refund directly to your credit card.
Winchester

AR
Reviewed May 14, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Lloyd P
Kansas City, Missouri
“The perfect place to stay for your Vieques retreat!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

My partner and I stayed in the top floor of Casa Dos Chivos in March for 9 days. The property is beautiful, larger than it appears online and is conveniently located between Isabel II and Esperanza. We were close to groceries (Mercados), restaurants and the many gorgeous beaches the island offers. That being said, a rental Jeep is a must when visiting the island. If you haven't been to Vieques, GO! It is (thankfully) not your typical cruise port destination but is a genuine Caribbean gem of an island that provides the perfect respite from life's everyday hustle and bustle. Our noted favorites about the Casa and Vieques ...
- the large veranda where we spent evenings sipping cocktails before dinner overlooking the Caribbean. Unforgettable!
- the availability of a washer and dryer.
- WIFI that worked great!
- the fully-stocked kitchen and grill (we bought freshly caught fish for a couple of dinners at the pescaderia in Isabel II).
- the tasteful and lovely decor in the Casa.
- the wild horses!
- the many sounds of Vieques (yes, including the roosters!).
- our favorite restaurants ... Conuco and El Quenepo
- our favorite beaches ... La Plata and La Chiva

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, decor, amenities, views!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing