“Don't miss this truck”

Cuisines: Armenian, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Some of the best food in Vieques. Only opened on the weekends and very easy to find. Get food to go, head out to one of many of the beautiful beaches on the Wildlife Refuge. Portions are huge!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Amazing food right at the entrance of gorgeous beaches; we had a fabulous lunch. The empanadas were amazing!!!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

For a food truck to have such unique and delish vegetarian food choices was a great treat. Thanks for a memorable lunch....heavenly black bean carnitas! Conveniently located on the turn off to beaches as well.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

During my recent 1 week stay in Vieques, I had the opportunity to have some excellent meals. As I arrived on a late Saturday afternoon, I only had 2 opportunities to have lunch at Sol Food (Sunday and the following Friday). I ate there Friday. I had the falafel carnitas and the hummus. Amazing. The food totally hit the spot. And very reasonably priced. It was so much food that I was able to have some of it again for dinner (with a nice bottle of wine that I purchased in Isabel). I was skeptical that food served out of a truck could be one of the highest rated on the island. Now I'm a believer.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had to wait until our last day on the island to try Sol Food because they aren't open Monday-Thursday, but man, was it worth the wait. We stopped on our way out from La Plata at about 1:30. Fortunately, they had not yet run out of food (probably because it was late April "off -season"). We sipped on coconut sodas under the shade trees while we waited for our sandwich. We split a Bob Marley (a spicy Jerk Chicken "torta" with a sort of pineapple "chutney"). I don't usually like fruit on a hot sandwich, but in this case the ratio of sweet to savory is perfect - just enough to tamp down the heat of the Jerk. We took ours to go and my half was gone well before we got to the Green Store (maybe four minutes?). If you are not a big eater, half a sandwich is more than enough. Next time, however, I'm pretty sure I'll order a whole one just for me.
Tips:
Get there early in high season.
Park across the street (like the sign says)
The Jerk is pretty spicy if you are sensitive to heat.
Try the brownies!